Chapter 61

Shado trained Oliver and managed to make it so he had had enough strength to pull back the bow string. She somehow ended up convincing Slade to let her teach Oliver to shoot. Slade wasn't all that happy about it so they came to a compromise. Oliver hits his mark by the end of the day and we do things her way, if Oliver doesn't we do it Slade's way. Shado and Oliver were out training while Slade and I stayed back. We hunted for most of the time Shado and Oliver were training, then we used the rest of the time to sharpen our weapons. Hearing footsteps I looked up seeing Oliver and Shado.

"So how did our Robin Hood do?" Slade asked standing up. "As expected?"

When no answer came, I realised the tension between the two. Something happened between them.

"So back to the drawing board we go." Slade sighed, sitting back down.

We all were silent for a while before a rustle from outside grabbed our attention. Everyone quickly stood grabbing a weapon. A man stepped through the door.

"Yao Fei." Oliver dropped his guard.

"Ba." Shado followed and hugged her dad.

Something was wrong, very wrong.

"How did you escape?" Slade also noticed.

"I didn't." Yao Fei's face was void of any emotion as men encircled us.

"You son of bitch." Slade went to attack Yao Fei, but was quickly knocked down.

"Your time on this island is at an end." Yao Fei said.

~~

I found myself back at my home, my true home. Where I belong. I entered and headed to the living room. There he was, sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Dad?" He startled slightly from my speaking, before he looked at me and smiled.

"(Y/n). Come sit." I sat down in an armchair, as he muted the TV. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Oliver and I sort of had a falling out and I need a place to stay."

"My doors always open."

"Thanks, dad." I smiled slightly and headed for my old room.

~~

A few days went by and no one tried to contact me. The only person who would talk to me was my dad. Oliver and Diggle ghosted me. Felicity was silent until now. I looked down at my phone reading the text. We need to talk. I wanted to say no, but what if it was important. What if Olver got really hurt? What if she needed my help? I couldn't just leave her to fend for herself. So I answered. Meet me at Big Belly Burger in 10. I grabbed my coat and keys and went to Big Belly Burger. I found a booth in the back and faced the door. Felicity walked in a few minutes later. Her eyes scanned the room looking for me. Finding me she smiled slightly and sat down across from me. Not really in the mood for small talk, I spoke first.

"What do you want?"

"Just checking in. I haven't seen you in a while."

"You know, Felicity, Oliver and I don't need a relationship counselor." I sighed.

"That hasn't been my experience. We have a lead on Walter. I need you to come back and help us find him."

"Oliver put you up to this?" I leaned forward.

"No. He doesn't even know I reached out to you. Look I know Oliver didn't choose you first and that hurts, it sucks. But you know he still cares about you, in his brooding Oliver way."

"I don't want a partnership with that, Felicity."

"I know Oliver's religiously against admitting he's wrong. Truth is, he needs you."

"Yeah, and when Oliver is ready to say that he knows where I live."

I went to get up.

"Sorry for bothering you." Felicity sighed.

"I hope you find Walter."

I left and went back home. The next day I got a text from Felicity. We found him. He's back home safe and sound. That was fast. As if on cue my dad entered my room.

"I'm gonna head to the hospital and visit Walter. Do you want to come?"

"No thanks." I softly smiled, as my dad left.

An hour or two passed before I got a text. Looking at my phone, I smiled slightly seeing his name. I opened his text. Come outside, Please. I got up and went to the door. My hand rested on the doorknob. Was he finally over her? I pulled open the door and there he was standing against his bike. When I looked into his eyes my hope faded. He wasn't here for that. Something happened. Something bad.

"(Y/n), I need to tell you something but it can't be here." His eyes darted to one of the security cameras.

"Why?" I asked, confused on why he didn't want to talk here.

"Just trust me." I turned to head back inside, but his voice shook. "Please."

I closed the door behind me and sighed leaning against it. I've bent over backwards for this man, it's time he returned the favor. Yet, something in his tone, his face made me worry. What if he found something really important or got into trouble? What if he needed my help? I grabbed my coat and opened the door. His head shot up to look at me.

"Fine, but there better be a good explanation on why we can't talk here."

He nodded as he started up his bike. I got on behind him. It took us a few minutes to get to Verdant, but when we did he stopped me before we went down to our base.

"It's better if we speak without an audience." Oliver said.

I nodded, and silence fell between us. Oliver seemed as though he was collecting his thoughts before speaking.

"You know how Diggle thought my mom had something to do with the list and the Undertaking?" He spoke, and I hummed in response. "Well, she has a role in it but that's not it. The Undertaking it's something bad, really bad and she's only following orders from someone. Someone who's terrified her. Someone who you care for."

"Ollie, just spit it out." I snapped, tired of him trying to protect me.

"Your dad. He's in charge. He's leading everything. They're planning something. Something terrible. I don't know what yet, but I just know one thing. I need your help to stop them."

~~Hi, Fallen_Angel here. Here's the second one.~~