Chapter 45

"So this book contains a list of the names of the guys you've been hunting." Diggle said, gesturing with the list from Oliver's father.

"And this book, your mother's, has the same list of names." I continued off of Diggle and held up the other book.

"It's identical." Oliver said, taking back both books.

"So where'd your mother get her copy, Oliver?" Diggle asked.

"For that matter, who gave it to you?" I questioned, Diggle and I were still trying to comprehend what Oliver was telling us.

"Felicity Smoak. She said that Walter found it in their bedroom." Oliver answered.

"And now he's missing." Diggle pointed out.

"She's my mother, Diggle. She's not the kind of person who would-"

"Have her husband disappeared?"

I stayed quiet knowing Diggle was crossing a line, but he was onto something. If we didn't cross it we could miss something valuable.

"Because that's really the question, isn't it, Oliver? I understand why you would believe your mother over your stepfather, but I tend to believe the innocent party is whoever's missing and presumed dead."

Oliver's face showed he was thinking. Diggle opened his mouth to say more, but I cut him off.

"I'm gonna head out grab some food, you guys want some?"

"I'm good."

"No, thanks."

They both said. I grabbed my coat and sent Diggle a quick look, telling him not to push the subject. I left grabbing a coffee and strolling the streets getting some fresh air. I looked at my phone and saw it had been about two hours. I quickly headed back, grabbing three more coffees. I heard Diggle and Oliver's voices as I entered.

"Oliver, you don't find that a little convenient her just so happening to have burned the book?"

"She did it out of concern for my safety, Diggle."

"Or her own. Oliver, you said it yourself. Whoever compiled that list is involved in something very dangerous. And if your mother is lying to you."

"And she didn't know any of the names on the list."

"She said she didn't you don't have to take her word for it." I said breaking my silence, causing Oliver to shoot me a glare. "Just saying. Coffee?"

I held out a coffee to Oliver. He gave me a small smile as a thank you, accepting the drink. Then I handed one to Diggle.

"Oliver, if this were anybody else, you'd be hooded up right now on your way to have an arrow-side chat with them." Diggle said, as I leaned against one of the desks

"This isn't anybody else. This is my mother. And I know her." Oliver protested.

The vibrating of a phone next to me caused them to halt their conversation.

"What's that?" Diggle asked.

Glancing at the phone I realized it was the one we gave Lance.

"That is the phone that we gave to Lance so that he could contact The Hoods." I said.

"Is he asking to turn yourselves in?" Diggle asked.

"He gave it to Laurel." I reached over and picked it up, placing it on speaker. "Hello?"

"I need your help." She said.

"That's why you have the phone."

"Cyrus Vanch was just released from prison on a technicality. Living large in his lawyer's house." Oliver walked over pulling up a tab on Vanch's lawyer. "There's no evidence of foul play. But I know he's just Vanch's first victim and he won't be his last."

"What about the police?"

"They can't move on him without evidence of new criminal activity."

"Laurel, obtaining evidence isn't what we do."

"Vanch is dangerous."

"Hold on to the phone, we'll call." I said, quickly hanging up.

I shared a look with Oliver.

"Laurel needs our help." Oliver said, looking at Diggle.

Oliver and I both started to leave.

"Oliver, are you running to help her or away from the truth about your mother?" Diggle asked, causing Oliver to pause and look at him.

"We have work to do."

Oliver turned back around, and we left.

~~

Fyers didn't do much the first few days. I was left alone, besides the daily visit for a small amount of food and water. Then, the 5th day came. I was dragged from my cell, and strapped to a pole. My hands above my head, tied with rope. My wrists burned in pain from the rubbed marks from the ropes. The man in the mask stepped forward, pulling a knife from his belt. Fyers began to talk, but I heard none of it. My stomach ached, my head felt heavy, my throat felt like sandpaper. I felt the blade of the knife slide across my hip. Seconds later warmth coated my side, and pain caused me to scream. Looking over I saw a deep slice. The man continued, by the end my brain was foggy and my body ached. My hands were untied, causing me to fall. My legs felt like they were broken. Blood loss would most likely kill me. A shriek of pain escaped my lips, as a man's leg collided with my side. Fuzz started to cloud my vision, and pain blocked my hearing. The last thing I remember thinking was, "Please, let this be it." Before everything went black.

~~Hi, Fallen_Angel here. Hope you all had a good week. Have good day, see ya Sunday. Be good people.~~