18 | Unfurling Sensations

Do follow me loved ones, so that you don't miss out on any important announcements!

Do vote ( Star Icon⭐) and comment dear ones, It motivates me to write more.

Happy Reading!

******

Riya's Pov

"Once more??" I asked, huffing, as my little nephew jiggled his hips beamingly in response.

"Bhabhi, yaar play the previous song again, your son is hell-bent upon giving me sore legs!" I said, exhausted, while bhabhi chuckled at my exasperated tone.

I was currently in bhabhi's room entertaining avyukth with my gibberish dance moves, which clearly lacked any rhythm and synchronization, while bhabhi fed him his dinner for the day; his favorite mashed bananas.

These little munchkins always need something or someone entertaining them by any means, so that they can eat their meals peacefully without creating any fuss.

The dark reality of modern-day upbringing is that few contemporary parents let their infants watch cartoons or poems on their mobile phones or televisions just to get their children distracted enough to eat their food without being cranky or fussy. As easier and convenient as this whole ordeal sounds, it's equally harmful and hazardous to children in indescribable ways whose impact we couldn't even fathom in the present.

For this reason, in our home, we had this unsaid rule to eliminate Avyukht's screen-time as much as we could make it possible, at least until he turns one.

Resultantly, whenever he is irritable or is given feed, instead of depending upon such evil electronic devices, we ourselves prefer to become the source of his entertainment.

Every possible action, sometimes dancing, sometimes singing, sometimes poem recitation, making funny faces, anything, however absurd or repetitive it is, is done to engage him.

Nonetheless, most of the time, I am the source of his uninterrupted dose of entertainment, as he heartily demands no one but his boo-boo's weird dance moves, inflexible dance steps, uncanny comical face, and her not-so-melodious lullaby.

I was at the third song of the evening when I heard my phone ring from my room, which had been kept on charge for the past 3-4 hours. With a job, baby in the house, and unending household chores, you hardly get time to even charge your phone, so after using it for the whole day, I charge it in the evening itself.

Sprinting towards my room, my eyes twinkled the moment I looked at the screen to see my best friend calling. But before I could pick the phone up, my eyes darted accidentally to the battery percentage.

Unshed tears pooled my eyes, earth swept off my feet, and my heart clenched when I witnessed that my phone's battery is still 15%, even after keeping it at charge for more than three hours.

My gaze flickered towards the switchboard, and frustration oozed my insides, as I wanted nothing but to bang my head against the wall repetitively, because being the biggest dufus I am, I hadn't bothered to switch on the charging button.

Urghh!!!

How will I talk with Aditya today, that too video calling, with only 15% battery?

My heart sank at the mere thought, because unknowingly in this one month I've been irrevocably used to talking to him, knowing about his day, telling him mine, our teasing sessions, those little banters, our soothing silences, everything.

This night time, with us discovering a new thing about the other, seems our thing now. Something that's just us, and just between us.

I rejected Purva's call and switched on the button to let it charge for the next hour, and dashed downstairs to take mom's phone.