Chapter 41

Ocean

Ian's name resounded in my head, as if I were in the middle of a battlefield, surrounded by bursts of fire on all sides.

Is it possible it's another Ian? But the very thought of Kaden having a conversation in the middle of the night, in a tone I would attribute to a ruthless tyrant, didn't give me much hope. His voice was terrifying and threatening.

The fear that crept under my skin made me feel dull. As my legs carried me down the stairs as fast as I could, everything around me was blurred.

Just the sound of my loud breathing and the wild beating of my heart drummed in my ears. I frantically looked for my purse and jacket in the living room, but they weren't there.

My fingers were like the keys of an antique piano, flickering as they painfully searched every corner for my belongings.

I rushed into the hallway and was overjoyed when I saw my things. I quickly pulled on my jacket and ran out the door.

The cold night air tingled my face as I struggled to reach the gate. The loud barking of the dog echoed in the dark night, intensifying the chill that covered my entire tired body.

A couple of times I stumbled and fell on the cold asphalt road that led to the gate. Tears were falling uncontrollably from my face, making a bitter trace that no one should be trusted.

Thoughts changed in my head as fast as my legs carried me.

Kaden is a criminal. A hardened criminal. Ruthless mobster. Who blackmailed my head and made me suffer on so many levels. It broke me physically, mentally and emotionally.

But then why did he seduce me and talk about how he loves me, only to end up with me. . . killed? Because he already killed me emotionally, and I believe he will soon kill me  physically too.

Ian, the envelope, the constant demands that I should resign my job. . . he knew Jaxon was my brother. He wanted to destroy him using me.

I squeezed my eyelids so hard that tears flew from my cheeks in the gusts of wind. In a panic, I turned my head from left to right, while from a distance the sound of barking bloodthirsty dogs and the piercing sound of the motorbike engine grew louder.

The gate. Just tens of meters away from me, a gate appeared in front of my eyes.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reach it. The bright headlights flashed on me and the engine stopped in front of me quickly and lightly, like the wind, blocking my path.

His black hair was disheveled by the wind and his eyes shone under the moonlight, desperately searching every part of my body and stopping at my eyes.

I stopped my tracks, unable to move. I struggled for air as pain spread through my legs and stomach amid muscle inflammation.

I looked him straight in the eyes as my throat clenched in a fight for a handful of air.

He parked the bike and ran up to me, grabbing me by the elbows with both hands.

''Ocean, are you okay? What happened? I died of fear that someone had kidnapped you. "

His eyes were as panicked as the posture of his whole body. Oh, he is a good actor. Really good actor.

"Kaden, fucking let me go!"

But Kaden wouldn't let me go, as I squirmed out of his grip.

"I said you let me go, you freaking bastard!"

At my words, Kaden backed away and slowly let me go. He opened his mouth in juishock and I couldn't read the look on his face.

'' What the fuck Ocean? Why this sudden change of behavior and this drama? "

When I finally caught my breath, I straightened up and approached him so that we were now only a few inches apart.

'' Come on Kaden, be a man and finish the job yourself! What are you waiting for, come on? "

'' Ocean you are talking nonsense. What is going on here?''

He said in a calm voice, but his anger could be felt in the hints.

'' Oh, or big bad wolf doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Why would you do a dirty job when your fellow mobsters can do it for you! "

Kaden closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. He snorted and put his hands on his waist, before he spoke.

'' Ocean. . . I wanted to tell you when the time is right. You have to trust me. "

I snorted, as some superhuman strength and will awoke in me.

"What can I trust you with? That you wanted to destroy Jaxon using me, right? Is that the only reason I'm still alive? "

Suddenly his hands flew towards me. They landed on my shoulders, gripping me tightly. His face became confused, angry and distorted. Our voices cut the dead silence around us.

"Ocean, what are you talking about?"

I pushed him away hard and raised my index finger pointed at him, threatening him. In an instant, I knew I had to figure out some way to get out of his property. At that moment, I came up with a lie to get my head out alive. I swallowed hard and let it out of my system.

"But the question is Kaden, are you ready to kill this child I am carrying? Your child? "

His eyebrows frowned and wrinkles furrowed his forehead. He opened his mouth to say something but the words didn't come out. His hands relaxed and fell to the side, next to his hips. At that moment, he seemed lifeless.

He looked at me pale, almost sick. I looked at his face carefully once more. Tired and sleepless, interspersed with various feelings.

I looked at this man once more. A man who meant so much to me until a few moments ago. I soaked up his face, trying to lock his character somewhere deep inside my brain. I wanted to remember every feature of his face at this moment, because I knew that the next moment I would have to erase him permanently.

I took a deep breath and walked past him. I reached the gate where his guards with rifles were waiting for me.

I turned to him once more. He had his back to me, he just raised his hand and his guards opened the gate.

The massive gate slid down the rails, and so gave me one more hope. Hope to survive.But when I went out and saw his blue eyes looking at me, I knew I would not survive this shipwreck.

Tears streamed down my face as my tired legs raised dust by the side of the road. I picked up the phone from my purse and dialed a number.

"Jaxon, please, can you come and pick me up?"

-------------------------------------------------

Guys, please share your thoughts on this book with me. :D 

Thanks to everyone who is still with me, reading this story. I can't thank you enough!

Hope you are all doing well. Lots of love!