Chapter 37

Ocean

"Ocean, take a seat."

I don't know if I just imagined it out of fear, but Jaxon's voice had a dark note. His muffled but strong voice made tingles flow through my body, and my limp knees barely kept me upright on my feet.

Guilty!

My conscience screamed at me.

With trembling hands I pulled out a chair and slowly sat on it. I took one deep breath, trying to calm my face that obviously said I was guilty on all counts.

The leather chair began to spin revealing a tieless Jaxon with a pair of undone buttons on his shirt. His whole appearance as well as the situation that reigned around us told me that something was bothering him and that the moment had come when he would want to solve his troubles.

Me.

Or was it just my conscience exaggerating.

We'll see.

He tilted his head slightly to the side and looked me straight in the eyes. The early morning rays of sunshine fell on his jaw, emphasizing his short, unshaven beard.

A sleepless night, I thought to myself.

His penetrating gaze made me unconsciously bend and twist the fingers of my hands. But something was bothering me. His gaze was not evil. It was full of compassion.

"Ocean."

His voice startled me and it was as if all the emotions I could see in his eyes were gone. All that was left was a void. A deep, dark void. I was left speechless, motionless and scared.

He took a deep breath and pursed his lips in a thin line, pulling the folder out of the drawer with his left hand. He dropped it on the desk and pushed it so that it was right in front of me now.I looked down at the folder that stood in front of me and slowly looked up at Jaxon, waiting for his next words.

"There are some important reports in this folder. Can you look at them and tell me your opinion about the data in it? "

He said still looking me straight in the eyes, keeping my entire nervous system at a high tension level. When I finally understood his words, my body began to slowly relax. So he called me for work, he didn't intend to crucify me for breaking into his office.

He did not know it was me. I mentally thanked God and jumped out of joy in the imaginary space in my mind.

A small smile appeared on my face and I nodded, bringing the folder closer to me and slowly opening it.

My vision blurred, my palms instantly cooled and I struggled frantically for air.

'' You see Ocean. . . as a wise man as I am. . . as a man with many zeros in bank accounts and at last, as a man with many friends. . . but also enemies. . . I also installed one camera inside the safe itself. In order to protect myself from the above-mentioned persons. "

He put his elbows on the table and brought the chair closer to the table, leaning his body towards me.

"The only thing I couldn't imagine was that you would be one of those people."

I tried to swallow, but my throat was so tight in fear that I couldn't.

"The type of person for whom such cameras must be installed in safes"

I opened my mouth slightly, wanting to say something, but the words didn't come easily. They didn't come at all.

I looked away from his burning gaze to the folder. To the pictures that were in the folder. To me.