35. LETTING HER GO

DAY FIVE AFTER THE ACCIDENT

STILL ETHAN'S POV

"Any luck with Jordan?" I asked a very tried looking Kylie.

The girl had cancelled all her shoots. She never left Lexi's side. Kylie joined us brothers on the rotating schedule. Since Kylie didn't have much work, she stayed back with Lexi the most.

She shook her head in the negative.

"Mr. Avery, Ms. Banks, I'm pleased to inform you that Lexi's condition has improved significantly over the last two days." Doctor Reed informed us after doing her regular check up on Lee.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much!" Kylie jumped up from the sofa and hugged the doctor the same time I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"She is still very weak, but looking at her current condition, we should be able to wake her up in another week or so." Doctor Reed told us before we thanked her, and she left the room.

"This is great news!" Kylie clapped her hands together.

"I know! I need to tell Jackson! He'll be so relieved." She nodded as I stepped outside and quickly dialed my brother up.

"Jackson! You won't believe it! The doctor just told Kylie and me that Lexi is improving and that they'll be able to wake her up within two week or so." I spoke excitedly.

"Ethan is this great news! I'll come over right away." Jackson told me before cutting the call. The poor guy had to drag himself to work, away from Lexi because of an urgent case.

"We need to tell him, today." Kylie said, referring to Lexi's story. "We can't wait much longer."

"We'll do it then." I sighed. So much for happiness. "Jackson is on his way here."

Within the next fifteen minutes, Jackson was standing with us in the hospital room. As soon as his eyes laid on me, he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you little bro, this is the best news I've heard all week." He spoke. I just hugged him back harder.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but there's something you need to know." Kylie stated grimly.

"Is everything okay?" Jackson asked looking back and forth between Kylie and me. I shook my head to either sides, responding to his question with a 'no'.

"Well, what is it?"

"We should head outside." I told them both. We headed to the same garden and sat on the same bench again.

JACKSON'S POV

Ethan's latest call brought more than joy to me. Lexi's condition was improving and that's all I wanted in life, well that and to wed Lexi Hunt. I quickly wrapped up all my work and made my way to the hospital after pushing back all my meetings for the next day.

I rushed to the hospital with a fluttering feeling in my chest. I knew nothing could go wrong now. Things were going to be alright, but damn, I was wrong.

When I reached the hospital, I found Ethan suppressing a frown with a smile as soon as he saw me. I pulled him into a hug, but he felt tense under touch.

"Thank you little bro, this is the best news I've heard all week." I spoke.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but there's something you need to know." Kylie stated grimly.

"Is everything okay?" I asked looking back and forth between Kylie and Ethan. My instincts were right. Something was up. Ethan shook my head to either sides.