22. THANKSGIVING

Fast forward a few weeks later, it was already a day before Thanksgiving. Jackson and I were all set for our vacation in Aspen when poor Noah came down with the stomach bug and flu.

So Jackson decided to stay back with Noah and Sophie. Since Kylie was still in Paris, and mom was off for a retreat in God knows where, I was gonna be all alone for thanksgiving. That was until Jordan asked me to spend the holiday with him.

Sophie cancelled on him because of Noah and she insisted that family came first so he must go see them. Jackson didn't seem too onboard with the idea, but he knew if he'd mess with the bull, he'll get the horns.

I insisted on taking my car for an hour and fifteen minutes' drive to Philadelphia. His house wasn't deep into the city, so it was a comfortable ride. The entire way home, I kept asking him about his family.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't too keen on big family gatherings, I didn't wanna mess this up for him. I knew he had three sisters, but I didn't know anything else about his family.

"So Sarah is you mom, David is dad. Both your parents are professors. Mom, English Lit and dad, economics. " I revised as we reached closer to his place.

"That is correct." He nodded.

"Three sisters. Meredith is an interior designer. Audra is a paediatrician and Jenny, Jennifer is a social worker and author." I recalled them from eldest to youngest.

"Good job!" Jordan seemed pretty impressed with my remembering skills. Heck, I want to law school. I didn't have an option but to have an excellent memory.

I was silently praying that his family likes me. I've never wanted someone else's approval about myself, but with Jordan's family? I'd say the situation was differing by a lot.

"Take a left onto Chestnut street." He instructed.

As I turned the car to the left, I was awestruck with the beauty of the street. Lush green trees over either side of the road and huge row houses stood across each other. I halted the car in the driveway of the last and largest house on the street. Brown and cream shade walls stood in front of me. I parked the car right outside their garage next to two other cars.

I took in a deep breath before turning the ignition off and opening the door, "They're gonna love you Lexi." Jordan smiled at me. It was impossible the way this guy possessed the power to read my mind.

"I hope so." I smiled shutting the door lightly of my Maserati Levante. The very well kept front yard was surrounded by a white fence, laced with pansies. I saw a few garden gnome heads sticking out here and there.

Jordan pulled out our bags from the trunk. "I can get my own bags you know" I remarked.

"My parents and sisters will kick my ass if I didn't carry out chivalry. So get your feminist panties out of a twist and let me help you." Jordan shrugged and banged the trunk shut.

"Jordan? This that you?" I heard a voice call out from behind.

"It sure is." I could sense the happiness in his voice.

A short brunette wearing a flannel shirt over a black tank top with black jeans came running our way and pulled Jordan into a hug. She shared Jordan's eye colour.

"I missed you baby bro." she said.

"I missed you too, Jenny." He hugged her back.

"Come on. Let's head inside! Everyone's dying to meet you." she gushed. "Oh hi!" she turned towards me.