8❦

8

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

It's been a few days since hanging out with Blake, Isaiah and Ace.

I can't stop thinking about them, the time I spent at the sandwich shop was enjoyable to say the least. Just thinking about Olivia warms my heart, she seems so caring and motherly. Something I've always dreamed of having in my life, but it's just that, a dream and nothing more. I need to just forget them.

I felt somewhat normal when I sat with them at the sandwich shop, it's something I haven't felt in a long time. The way Isaiah gave me a nickname made me feel like I had a friend. Ace was quiet and his size scared me at first, but I think he's actually a good guy. And Blake, he made my heart do little flips every time he looked in my direction.

But it's over now, I'll probably never see them again, so I need to stop thinking about how much I would love to have friends like them, or I'll end up sinking into a pit of depression.

I'm currently scrubbing a greasy wall in a very dirty kitchen that's located in the back of a bar.

I got this job a little unconventionally, even for me.

I was sitting at a picnic table at a park earlier today and two girls sat at the table next to me, after they complained about boys, the weather and about a hundred other topics. I heard one of the girls talk about how her boss was making her stay late to deep clean the kitchen by herself, apparently she has the habit of leaving a mess when she works, and her coworkers were tired of having to clean up after.

So I swooped in and said I was looking for some extra cash, and would clean for half of what her boss was paying her.

She agreed almost instantly, who wouldn't, she still gets money and doesn't have to get her hands dirty. Her one condition is that I had to agree to meet her at the back door and leave through the back door, so the cameras up front don't see me.

Little did she know, It's probably more important to me than it is her that I'm not seen. So that's how I scored this lovely job of scraping thick chunky grease off of appliances and walls.

The girl plays on her phone by the door leading to the dining room, but also keeps a lookout just in case her boss decides to show up.

One might say that I'm supposed to be upset that I'm doing all the hard work while she plays on her phone, but I don't mind.

This is the life I chose to get away from my brother and Max, so while I might have to do the less desirable jobs while getting paid amounts that most people would consider child's play, at least I'm safe from them.

It's ten pm now, I've been cleaning since seven, I snuck in right after they closed down for the night.

I would think that the bar should be open this time of night, but according to the girl I'm helping clean, there is an event that may be somewhat illegal going on a few buildings down.

The people who attend the event get too aggressive when given alcohol, so the owner shuts down on nights like these instead of hiring extra bouncers to deal with the drunks.

I, of course was surprised to hear this information and when I questioned why she would be left alone here to clean late, especially when it isn't even safe to stay open for business. She informed me that they have never had anyone cause trouble when they are closed and she parked right out front so her and her boss feels like it's safe.

Lucky for me though, I didn't get to park up close, Jack is parked a block away and by the noise level increasing outside I can only imagine what a nightmare it's going to be to get back to him.