Chapter 22

Okay, I packed one pair of jeans, a sweatshirt, a sleeveless high neck to wear underneath, a bra and panties and what else should I take? I look around my room to see what am I missing.

Of course! 

I rush up to my desk and pick up my camera, placing it in my bag with the rest. A small tapping noise on my balcony door makes me jump in my place as I turn around to see Ian there.

Oh, shit! I forgot to tell him I'll be gone for the weekend.

I open my door, letting him into my room for the first time actually. I see him entering consciously, looking around my room.

"Hey," I say, going back to my bag to double-check I got everything before zipping it shut.

"Hey, going somewhere?" He asks, raising the strap of my bag.

"Yeah, actually I was going to tell you that I'm leaving today, and I'll be back on Monday morning," I say, sitting down on my bed.

"Where are you going?" He lets the strap go and wanders around.

"I'm going with my friends on a mini trip in the woods. I was going to ask you if you wanted to join since I knew going out in nature is something you wanted to do but it's Saturday so I knew your parents will be at home all day long."

Why do I feel bad now, for going away? There's like a knot in my stomach.

"You know what? Screw my parents, I'm coming, when do we leave?"

"Wow, slow down! What do you mean by that?" I stand up facing him again as he approaches me.

"It means I don't care, I'm coming with you," he shrugs as if he was saying the most simple thing in the world.

I'm not going to lie though, I like this more determined-looking Ian.

"Okay," I say.

I mean if he doesn't care and wants to come, who am I to stop him.

"Okay?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, if you're sure you won't regret it once we come back and you're okay with facing the consequences from your parents then okay. You can invite Eddie and Frankie as well there's enough space for everyone," I say, picking up my phone to let Alice know we'll have more company on our trip.

"Yeah, I'm sure and don't worry. I have been facing my parents for years now, I can handle punishment from them. I'll tell the boys, I'm sure they'll come. They don't lose a chance to leave the house. What should I bring with me?" He asks as he stands on my balcony, holding the handle.

"Oh, just a spare pair of clothing for tomorrow and a toothbrush," I say, smiling sadly at him.

Even though I'm happy he's coming with us, his answer about his parents saddens me and I can't help but worry about what his punishment for going out will be? I have no idea what his parent's behaviour behind closed doors is. 

I shake my head and try not to focus too much on that since he said that he's sure and just focus on how much more excited I feel about this trip now.

"Okay see you in?"

"In 15 minutes!"

Wait, how is he going to leave the apartment with his parents in it? This thought just hit me.

"Wait!" I yell as he jumps over to his balcony.

"What?" He asks, looking at me with wide eyes at my sudden burst.

"How are you going to leave?" I ask frantically.

"Oh easy, since we're both idiots enough to not think about this before, I'll just hop on your balcony and leave through your front door," he says, smiling at me.