25

Hello there, lovelies! So like first ahhh thank you so much for all the positive responses in the last chapter (I swear I say this every time, but I got a lil soft spot in my heart for the situation with Alex and his Mum lol). I couldn't be more happy that y'all loved it so much.
Deadass, thank you... and enjoy!
xoxo

Christian

"So, you and Joan

"So, you and Joan." I wiggled my eyes at Brad. "You two have gotten quite cozy, I see... or rather heard. What a phone call that was, a few days ago."

Brad's hand recoiled. Instead of using the utensil in his hand to toss the salad he was making, he threw the spoon at me. It flew with speeds I wasn't ready for, causing the metal object to nick my arm as I tried and failed to dodge it.

"Can you shut the hell up? She's in the shower right now, and I don't want her to hear you." He aggressive whispered.

I gave him one devilish grin. "Don't worry, I'll probably be out of your hair soon here, anyways. I was just stopping by to say hello, before running a few errands. Nathaniel wanted to replace some stuff around the kitchen, and I've honestly been neglecting a few household items myself."

Technically, I would put this task in the hands of my assistant. Seeing as my assistant was now my boyfriend, it felt a little weird having him replace my body wash and toothpaste.

"I was thinking of stopping by Mum and Dads as well. It's not that I want to, but I suppose checking for signs of life with Slav is the least I could do. Have you done any further research with what we discussed earlier?" I asked Brad. That question came out much quieter than the rest of my words. If Brad was pushing for discreetness, it was probably best to honor it.

I watched, as he started to slice the tomatoes. Cooking, for him, was an art skill if anything. It felt quite meditative watching him prepare a meal. Brad never rushed himself, or the process.

"I've... reached a bit of a wall... but I'll figure it out." He replied, using the same low tone. "For now, let's still keep it between us. Like I said, right now we're very ill-informed. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything until I'm certain."

Brad used the knife to gently nudge the tomato slices into the bowl of mixed lettuce. He started chopping up the cucumber next.

I gave him a nod, and although he hadn't looked up from the task at hand, I knew he saw it.

-

It was safe to say that I didn't have the slightest idea what the fuck I was doing in this damn Target.

"Nathaniel, you said that you already ordered this shit right?" I barked into the phone.

Before Nathaniel could sigh, I felt it coming on. "Christian," he released an irritated breath. "For the fourth time, yes. You need to go to the customer service section at the front of the store, to pick up the order. Where are you now? You're not still at the customer service section for the women's undergarments, are you?"