chap.19

Suki left the next day, even if she would've went back with Sokka she would've needed to eventually go back to her island. She had duties to fill, being the leader of a group of warriors was a though job after all. Sokka and Katara watched her boat become only a small little dot, the sun going down. as they walked back, there wasn't much to say. Sokka's heart felt just fine, if not much lighter. they were on great terms, and him and Zuko were doing great, amazing even. he truly loved Zuko and same thing for Zuko.
"so... how do you feel?" Katara broke the silence.
"fine, and you?"
"me too."
they briefly went back into their thoughts before Katara asked him a question.
"is it truly over with Suki?"
"what? why?" he sais surprised.
"i don't know why i'm asking. you're great with Zuko and you and Suki seem to be in great terms. as friends, of course."
"you're right." he said, "and i feel like me and Suki's chapter is closed. we had a thing, yes, but we pretty much did what he had to do."
"do you think that if she hadn't left you guys would still be together?"
"i..." as much as he hated thinking about it, Katara asked a valid question, "well the thing is probably. but... i don't know what i would do without Zuko. he's like my entire life right now and i couldn't see my life without him as my boyfriend."
Katara was silent, a think smile drawn on her face.
"what's up?" he said, a concerned tone in his voice.
"i don't know... i just never would've thought you and Zuko... could ever be a thing. yet here you guys are, in love. it makes me happy." she said smiling at him.
"yeah... it's pretty crazy." he said, rubbing his neck, "but i wouldn't want it any other way."
"i'm not saying that either." she said.
"i know Katara."
they both giggled.
"so how's it going with your boyfriend?" Sokka asked.
"it's going pretty well actually. i feel like we're getting stronger everyday." she said, looking at the bracelet Aang made for her. a pretty bracelet with beads made out of wood. they were mostly brown, but two were painted blue for Katara and yellow for Aang.
"that's great." Sokka said.

they arrived back home when the moon was up, and starts where illuminating the streets, in addition to the fire poles.
"we're back!" Katara said, everyone was in the living room, drinking tea.
"how was it?" Aang asked.
"it was fine, she left safely." Katara said, sitting next to Aang.
"so why is everyone gathered here exactly?" Sokka asked, sitting next to Zuko and wrapping his arm around his waist.
"we're waiting for my uncle, he should be there any time now." Zuko said.
"wait what? why?" Katara asked.
"we want to play a board game but we don't know how so he's coming up to show us." Aang said.
Katara had a question mark on her face.
"basically yesterday me and Zuko wanted to play but we ended up spending a hour and a half trying to figure out how to play." Aang continued.
"you should've heard them argue." Toph laughed, "they sounded so stupid!"
"hey watch your mouth!" Zuko said, an almost fake intimidating sound in his voice.
"woah calm down firelord. you couldn't even beat me in a fight." Toph joked.
Zuko was about to reply when Aang cut him off.
"so today Zuko and i went to Iroh's shop and asked him how to play."
"and he said he'll show us how to tonight, he's bringing tea and Aang made some cookies." Zuko added.
"i hope they taste better than that non fried dough we ate." Sokka said, rubbing his tummy.
"that was... something." Katara said.
"don't worry, i know what i'm doing. they taste delicious!" Aang said smiling.
"i don't know what the dough tasted like but i can confirm twinkle toes' cookies don't taste that bad." Toph said.

about fifteen minutes later Iroh knocked at the door, a warm smile on his face. he went to boil in some tea and sat down to explain the gaang how to play the board game. after they all, except Toph, understood the concept of the game and the tea was ready, they did a little tournament. Iroh ended up winning against Katara. he was playing on easy mode for them, but she knew how to make the game a little more harder. Zuko and Sokka were cuddling on the couch, watching Katara's eyebrows frown due to her concentrating on how to beat Iroh, and they felt great. the room felt warm, not in a uncomfortable way, but more in a welcoming way. Iroh left after two or three hours later, and multiple cups of tea and cookies. everyone went to bed, Sokka and Zuko were cuddling in Sokka's double sized bed. Zuko was laying in between Sokka's legs, and the water tribe boy was playing into his boyfriend's hair, examining each strand. they were growing so fast, and Zuko had completely stopped cutting them. Sokka liked it however, he found longer hair sexy, and it suited Zuko very well. Zuko was asleep on Sokka's chest, Sokka's breathing relaxing him, and Zuko's face had a tiny peaceful smile as the blue eyed boy fell asleep.

they had never been happier and complete.