Chapter 5

The next morning, Amiyah woke up and fixed herself a bowl of cereal. While she ate, she watched reruns of Martin.

While she did that, Bianca called her so she answered.

"Hello?", Amiyah said before putting the phone to her head and holding it between her ear and shoulder.

"Did Dominic call you last night?", Bianca asked.

"Yes. He said something about his sister's baby shower", Amiyah said.

"He know I don't like his sister. I don't know why he asked me that shit", Bianca asked.

"Hey, I thought the same thing but I was busy at the time", Amiyah said.

"With Lamar?", Bianca asked.

"Yea", Amiyah replied.

"Oh shooot na", Bianca said.

Amiyah chuckled.

"Uh uh. Girl, you being grown", Bianca said. "Miss I don't want to make anything awkward", Bianca said.

"I honestly don't know what came over me", Amiyah said.

"Girl, I don't blame you", Bianca said. "Shoot, I'm tryna get like you and get to know somebody's son"

Amiyah chuckled.

Suddenly, Amiyah got an incoming call and it was Lamar. She put the phone back to her ear.

"Speaking of somebody's son, he's calling me now", Amiyah said.

"You must of put it on him last night", Bianca said.

Amiyah chuckled. "I'll call you back", Amiyah said.

"Alright", Bianca replied.

Amiyah hung up and answered his call. "Hello?", she said.

"Hey. I hope, I didn't wake you", he said. "I thought that maybe I'd get sent to voicemail or something"

"Oh. No, I'm actually already up", Amiyah said. "What's up?"

"For starters I just wanna say good morning and I hope you slept well and second I talked to some people at the station and that guy you described is actually just being released today from jail", Lamar said.

"Really? Okay, so what's his name so I can talk to him?", Amiyah asked.

"Actually, I'll talk to him for you", Lamar said. "People are crazy out here and the last thing I need is for something to happen to you"

"Hey, I'm a big girl", she said jokingly but she was serious. "I can handle it"

Lamar chuckled. " I got it Amiyah", Lamar said.

"But you don't even know what to ask", Amiyah said.

"Listen, if I can't get a confession then you can try alright", Lamar said.

"Deal", Amiyah said.

"But I have to get back to work", Lamar said. "See you tonight?"

"Um Yea", Amiyah said.

"Cool, alright", Lamar said. "Bye"

"Bye", Amiyah said before hanging up.

Amiyah put her phone down because usually Sundays were her "me time". But she didn't mind spending some time with him tonight.

Amiyah continued to eat her cereal but couldn't because it was soggy. She hated soggy cereal. She put the bowl on the coffee, and laid on her side as she watched T.V.