I Meet A Centaur

Claire Pov.

I don't know what made me trust him enough to let him grab my hand and let him drag me to hell knows where.

But I did. And I let him.

He then led me through the forest until we stumbled upon this gate like structure made entirely out of wood with fire torches, in some stands for it? producing the only light.

It looked something like it had come right out of a mediaeval dark fantasy storybook.

But it was standing there in front of me.

Before I could ask Leo about it, he just whisked me through the gate and led me to a huge blue house.

He then called out, " Chiron! We have a new camper! CHIRON!"

A muffled "Hold your horses Leo, I'm coming... " later, the door opened.

And a CENTAUR came out.

I'm serious. A sure to God Centaur. With all his Horse's ass glory.

At first I was like: WHAAAA!!!! But then I was like: I have a dagger made from Minotaur horn. Which I had to kill. I should not be surprised by a centaur now.

But I only realise that I'd blurted out again as the centaur said, "Indeed you shouldn't be if you've really done what you just said you've done. Which I'm seeing the proof of in your hand. "

I groaned and said, "I said it out loud again, didn't i?"

To which Leo said, " Yes. Yes you did. " And I could hear the amusement in his voice.

" Ugh. I really need to get my blurting-out-things-i-say-in-my-mind under control. But can you blame me? I just woke up 2 weeks ago, without any essentials except for the things I had on my body. And was chased by the monsters from the Greek mythology that wanted to eat me up like some delicious pork meat. And now I'm standing in front of a real centaur. Not to mention I suddenly find out I have this awesome powers that I can almost control! If you were in my place, you'd also question your own sanity thinking you're too obsessed with mythology and superhero comics and fantasies and all that magic stuff and that they are just hallucinations. Of course my mind-to-mouth filter is going to get damaged."

After my rant, they both looked at me with pity, sympathy and, was that understanding I saw?

Leo then came towards me, stood just in front of me, put a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner and said, " It's ok. All that you saw was real. Your powers are real too. And all of that is really connected to Greek mythology, which is really real. This is all normal. You're not going crazy. "

Oh, I believed him alright. Not because I could hear the truth in his voice, but because I knew it had been real.

I mean, com'on. I got nearly killed by the various monsters and one of them had scratched me up so bad  and I most likely would've died if not for the water healing me.

Anyways, I asked Leo, confused, "How do you know what I saw was real?"

To which Chiron replied, "Because most of the people who live in this camp went through similar events. And those people, my child, are the same as you. "

"I apologize for my rudeness. But Mr. Chiron, how, and why the hell are they like me?" I asked Chiron, since he didn't know what I knew.

And he kindly replied, "It's just the way things are, dear child. As for how it is the way it is, well, you all are demigods, half mortal, half god. You all are children of the gods. "

I stared at the two of them, making my face blank.

"Wait. So you're saying that I'm a demigod. " I said calmly.

They both said in unison, "Yes."

I waited a minute to let them think that I was processing the information given to me. And then I said, "Oh. Ok. That makes sense why I have these powers. But why the HELL were those monsters after me? Why do they wanna eat demigods ?"

Leo snorted and said, "It's because of our godly part. It makes us more 'delicious'. "

Hmm. Speaking of delicious. I'm so hungry. I need food. My stomach rumbled in agreement. I'd totally forgotten about my hunger. Right now I was so hungry that I could eat 10 jumbo-sized veg burgers with everything on it. But at this point I would've settled for anything edible really. I needed food urgently, or else I'd faint from the lack of energy.

The answers can wait for now. I need food.

I didn't notice that I'd zoned out again until Leo said, "I think we broke her. "

"I'm still here and i didn't break. I'm not that fragile. It's just that I'm so hungry I could eat this house whole if it were made of candy, like in that Hansel and Gretel story. Don't get me wrong, I've many questions that'll get to the point of annoying you. But I'm gonna annoy you tomorrow. For now, I need some food and a whole week of rest, desperately. And urgently since I can fall down at any moment and my limbs hurt like crazy." I told Leo.

"You can't be that worn out?!" Leo asked, bewildered.

"You try surviving for entire two weeks in the wild without anything to eat while on the run from monsters without a few minutes of rest and then we'll talk. "

Leo Pov.

Even as she said that, she was starting to sway on her feet, again. And I noticed this and shut up for a few moments whilst supporting her and led her to the porch of the building to sit for now.

Then I asked Chiron, "What do we do, sir? She's clearly weakened."

"I'll have you know that I'm not weak." she retorted.

"I'm not saying that you are weak, Pearly. I'm just saying that you're weakened. They're two different things." I said back.

I noticed how she tensed when I said Pearly. Hmm. She's hiding something. But I'll find out what it is later.

"Well, we can take her into the big house and make her comfortable and feed her. And then she can sleep in the big house too for tonight. We'll put her in the Hermes' cabin in the morning. " Chiron said, "Come inside, child. We'll get you all cleaned up and then you can eat. "

1090 words.