Explaining my Powers

Claire Pov.

I felt much better after dousing myself with water and I was no longer swaying like a girl who had way too much drinks. Though those pearls did hurt a bit. Oh well.

I looked at Leo to see that he had become so still that I would've thought the stupid boy had looked into Medusa eyes, if not for the slight rise and fall of his chest.

I tried to bring him out of his surprised state as I wanted to ask him for some food.

Hey, you try being on the run for two weeks from the monsters, fighting them occasionally, without any actual food, (wild fruits and berries don't count, they don't fill your stomachs) and then tell me you're not hungry as hell.

I tried to make him focus by snapping my fingers in front of his face.

"Yooohooo, anybody home?"

The first thing he said: "What? How? WHAT? "

He looked so funny that it was hard to control my laughter. Or i was just being silly. But hey, i needed some silliness in my life right now.

I just giggled at his bewildered face and then said: " You have your tricks, I have mine. "

"Touche." he said.

"So are you still sane or whatever? "

"I'm sane and here alright. I'm just surprised is all." He replied. But then he asked. "How did learn to control water like that? And why that song? And the healing thing? Are trying to imitate Rapunzel?"

"Whoa. Calm down. One question at a time please. As for previous ones I'll answer them one by one too. So...

Question one. I don't control water. I just tell it what I want and then let it flow as it likes. The water just helps me, I guess.

Question Two. I just sing it so that I can calm myself down as I can use my powers better when I'm calm.

Question Three. I don't know the answer to that myself.

And for the finale, Question Four. What's wrong with that? I do like her. But I don't wanna be her. The song's just soothing, I guess. Plus the only song I can sing properly. Everything else just sounds off.

So any more questions? "

After that viva, I was out of breath and was breathing heavily and was praying to God that he doesn't ask any questions.

"No. "

Never had I ever been so glad of someone saying no to me. That meant now I could ask for food and then have my own questionnaire with him.

As if on cue, my stomach growled.

"How long has it been since you ate? " Leo asked.

"Umm... a couple of days... maybe more... I didn't really keep a track when I was being chased by a bunch of monsters. Now I do have my own questions to ask but I need to eat a decent meal before or I won't be able to think."

" Come on. I know a place where we can get you exactly what you want."

"And what is that, Mr. Mechanic?"

"Food."

Leo Pov.

I normally laugh when I hear someone's stomach growl. But this time, that wasn't the case.

My immediate thought: to see if she was fine.

I saw that she was and then I decided that she might just be hungry.

Let's face it, being on the run constantly and fighting the monsters is pretty exhausting and does make one hungry.

So I asked her how long it had been since she ate.

She said she didn't keep a track of it while on the run but guessed it might have been more that a couple of days.

I told her I knew of a place where we could find her a decent meal and then took her hand and lead her to the gates of Camp Half Blood.

Hey! 643 words! I know it's short, but it seemed like a good idea to end the chapter here. So don't be to mad at the length please.

So toodles for now!