Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Third Person

Elliot drove with Adrian there in front of him, her back pressing against his chest. On top of breaking the law, they had no seatbelts on and were driving fifteen over the fifty-five-speed limit. Elliot wasn't only being detrimental to himself, but Adrian too along with the rest of the cars on the road. If they were to get caught or pulled over, not only would Elliot be going back to juvie but Adrian just might join him.

With that being said, knowing the consequences at hand, Elliot displayed no signs of exertion, not even a minuscule amount. He watched the road, ignored Adrian other than the fact that his hand was still rubbing her jean-clad thigh, and breathed perfectly normal with his incredibly warm breath misting Adrian's exposed neck. Where was Elliot taking her? Why had he wanted her to sit in his seat with him? How did he know about the bullies?

Nothing has been discussed, but Adrian's spitting at the seems wondering. She was still so anxious from those mean girls, but having Elliot near her helped. He made it better, made her feel better. Right now that was enough.

In this position, Adrian had no personal space, and usually, personal space was a necessity for her. She had boundaries which kept her normal, calm, and of course anxiety free. But Elliot didn't do boundaries, he ricocheted right through them heedlessly. He touched her whenever he wanted, kissed her whenever he wanted, rained fury down on her whenever he wanted. He simply did whatever he wanted.

The most complex part was Adrian had no idea why he did the things that he did. Like her, Elliot was different, he didn't try to be, he just was. That is what Adrian fancied most about him, he is entirely divergent, from the way he dressed to the way he acted to the way his personality shown through. Elliot was Elliot, and that was that. There was nothing else to say about it.

Adrian was having the most difficult time trying to stay still, any physical touching contact she had with Elliot made her body wiggly. His hand, his breath, and his warmth in general added to her already fidgety self. She was all over the place today, but somehow Elliot subsided the hurt deep inside of her. She didn't know she needed him until he showed up in the locker room. She didn't know she needed him to calm her down and make her feel better. She didn't know she needed him just because she did.

Elliot's hand stopped rubbing, suddenly squeezing Adrian's thigh in a not so gentle manner. "Stop fucking moving." He hisses out not so nicely.

Instantly Adrian froze, though she knew it wouldn't be long until she started squirming again. His voice frightened her, the goosebumps overriding her flesh from head to toe was proof. "I—I shouldn't s-sit here." She muttered, her body hot in embarrassment. "It's not safe." The words of argument trailed right off the tip of her tongue in just below a whisper.

Elliot's hand squeezed once more, his plush red lips brushing her ear as he drove without falter as if he's done this time and time again. "But you like it, don't you?" He murmurs, flicking on the left blinker. "You like sitting with me and you like it when I touch you."

They were entering the other side of town, where Elliot had brought her once before not that long ago. The very same side the juvenile detention center was on and the graffiti. This is the side of town Adrian rarely came too, her parents didn't come to this side so neither did she. Here, the signs were torn and chipped of paint, the sidewalks were cracked and eroded of grass, and the buildings were old and outdated. Maybe some thought this side was shady, but Adrian thought it had character even though it gave her the chills.

Adrian's cheeks sear with color, maybe because amid the fear of getting caught, to a degree his words indeed rang true. She did like it when he was touching her, and it was strange because she hated being touched by anyone but her parents. "N-No I don—"