Chapter6- The Agreement

Hiii ;)

Lights were dim and the smell of alcohol was irritatingly strong. Everyone was dancing and having a good time while I was trying to get myself together and not freak out. I felt so out of place.

I scanned the room searching for Rodrick, but there was no sign of him anywhere. A few moments later I felt a presence behind me, an uncomforting one. I stood still and tried not to look back.

A second later I felt a hand on my ass. It kept moving up and down feeling every inch of my butt. I quickly turned around ready to punch whoever was touching me in the face. To be honest I thought it would be Rodrick, but the case was far worse.

"Kevin?"

What the hell was he doing here? How did he even know I'd be here? Doesn't matter, hit first, ask later. He saw my fist coming towards him and dodged my punch. Dang it!

Grabbing my wrists he smiled and said "No need to be that violent kitty."

He got on my nerves and I had to follow my instincts, so I kicked his nuts. He let out a scream and unconsciously let go of my hands.

"If you weren't pregnant I would've beaten you up right now."

"Shut up and go f*ck yourself ok?" I said in a demanding tone.

Where is that poop bag named Rodrick? It's already 2am he should be here.

"There you are. I was hoping you wouldn't run into each other and make a scene but, oh well." So apparently the poop bag decided to show up. "I was hoping I'd see more of your breasts tonight."

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore his comment.

"Let's just get down to business ok? And what's he doing here?" I glanced at Kevin with a look of disgust on my face.

"He's just having a good time with the chicks."

"Why did you bring him here?" I asked trying to make myself more clear.

"I didn't. Coincidences are nice aren't they?" yeah right, like I'd ever believe that. Whatever he's not the issue right now, even though he's incredibly irritating.

"Let me get you a drink." Offered Rodrick as he put his hand on my bare back.

"Don't touch me, and I don't want a drink. Stop stalling." I took his hand off my skin but he instantly put it back. Only this time, he put it on my waist and slid it down to my butt.

"If I can't see what I wanted to then I'll touch whatever I want. And if you try to play hard to get, I won't help you with your little rescue mission."

"How did you know I was going to save someone?"

"The little birdie told me." he let out a laugh.

I'm assuming the birdie is Kevin.

He got himself a glass of wine and squeezed my butt really tight.

"If I unzip my dress from the top will you stop touching me?" I asked.

"Depends on their size." he put his hand on my breasts trying to find out exactly how big they were.
That's it, he crossed the line. I dug my nails in his skin causing him to move away from me.

"Brings back memories?" I raised an eyebrow at him and walked to the nearest booth.

"Fine I won't touch you but unzip it right now." I didn't want to, but having him look at me is much better than having his hands all over my body.

"So what does it take for you to send me there?" I began.

"All it takes is a cup of coffee and a spell."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Does this man ever answer seriously?

"I'm serious." He took a sip of his drink.

"Wait what? You actually need coffee?" once I realized he wasn't joking, my eyes widened and I sat up, my back straight.

"No, you need the coffee so you don't get overwhelmed. Humans are too weak to stay awake during the use of such strong powers."

"Wait is that why there was always that waiter who offered your victims coffee?" I got excited at the fact that I had finally got the answer to that question at least.

"I wouldn't call them victims, but yeah that's about it. The coffee contains a very strong drug that puts people into a deep sleep for hours. That way no one will remember getting teleported." he explained.

"Wait, so when I was on that plane you were there too?"

"Yep, you're getting there."

"So, that means that when Shawn and I were on the train to Vancouver, you tried to send me back to Pengale. Why?" I remembered that I had passed out on train, and woken up in Shawn's arms.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act innocent. The waiter offered me coffee and I fainted. That means you were there too." Did I just outsmart him? Was he trying to keep that hidden from me?

"Believe it or not I didn't try anything that day. I wasn't even there." He spat.

"Of course you didn't." I said sarcastically and took a sip of my mango juice. Normally I prefer red wine but I didn't want to hurt the baby.

"So anyway, what do you want in exchange for your service?" I asked hoping he wouldn't go overboard.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "It's pretty simple. I want you to owe me a favor. Just to be clear on the rules, you have to do what I ask you to whenever you're told to, and whatever the thing is."

That's a risky game. I don't like to agree to something when I don't really know what it is. What the hell are you getting yourself into Emma?

"What kind of a favor?"

"That does not concern you just yet. Just remember that your little friend is almost out of time. August is near, and the clock is ticking. But you HAVE to honor your word, and if you deny me my request, I'll kill that boyfriend of yours." he threatened.

"I have one condition though. The favor cannot be sex, or anything that involves you touching me."

"Fair enough. I'm not as interested in your body as you think I am." he was trying to be intimidating, but I didn't care to the slightest bit.

"And if I agree to this, when will you send me to the other realm?"

"Any day next week. You choose."

"OK. Deal." He put his hand out and I shook it.

I got up and headed for the door. On my way out, I saw Kevin making out with a blonde woman. He was so into it that he didn't even notice me walking right past him. Have I lost my power over him? Or did I never really have any?

I don't know why seeing him with her hurt me. I didn't really have time to heal from the heartbreak he caused me, the pain never left. All I had was a distraction from it. Not that my feelings for Shawn aren't real, they definitely are, and I do love him. But still, it hurts to be lied to. I know that Kevin was an asshole, but I loved that asshole. Didn't I?

I took a deep breath and exited the club hoping Shawn wouldn't catch me entering back home.

*Hey guys how's it going so far? I know Emma's necklace hasn't been explained yet but I'll address it in a few chapters. I hope you like where the story's going. Which one do you like better so far, the first book or this one?*

Oh, oh, and don't forget to vote!! (She said sweetly) 😁