Sunrise • JJ

(Short but cute)
538 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

I woke up to somebody shaking me awake. "What the hell JJ?" I whisper. "Shhhh" he says motioning to our friends that were asleep around us.

I grab my phone and look at the time. 6:30am. "Why so early?" I groan as he pulls me up. "I want to show you something" he says.

We walk outside and he leads me to the dock behind John B's yard. "Woah" I whisper looking at the ground.

JJ had set up a blanket with pillows and breakfast. "It's not the best but i" I cut him off "JJ I love it" I tell him smiling.

He smiles and motions me to sit down next to him. "Look" he says pointing out into the sky that was still dark. "What?" I ask confused. "In a few minutes the sun will rise" he said excitedly.

I looked at him fondly. JJ was definitely the type to be mean looking and all but near me he was nothing but a big ol' softie.

"JJ" I say softly. "Yes princess" he responds moving his eyes from the sky to me.

"Thank you" I tell him. "It was nothing" he said blushing sheepishly. We ate what he brought and talked about nothing in particular.

"Sometimes I wonder if one day I'll leave the Outer Banks and go live in a small town in Texas" I say out of nowhere as we look waiting for the array of colors to appear.

"Hopefully you'll take me with you" he whispers. "I wouldn't want anybody else with me" I say smiling looking into his eyes.

"Y/n, look!" he said pointing. I moved my gaze from him to the open sky.

"It's beautiful" I say as it slowly comes into view showing all the colors including red, orange, yellow and pink.

"Eh I can name a few things that beat it" he said chuckling. "Oh really?" I say laughing giving him my full attention.

"His name is JJ Maybank" He says proudly. "Shut up dork" I say hitting his chest. He took this opportunity to pull me into him as we lied down, hearing the water splash. "I love you y/n" "And I love you".

When I looked back up the sun was in the sky and the birds were chirping. "I want to stay here forever JJ" I say pushing my head into the crook of his neck.

"I know sweetheart, me too" he said playing with my hair. We decided it was time to go and we got everything and threw the trash in a near by bin.

"You are seriously the best boyfriend ever!" I tell him
giggling. "I can hear that all day" he said dramatically.

We walked back into the house to see the others still
fast asleep.

"Well let's have some fun waking them up" JJ said smirking as he filled a few cups with water.

This was a short one but it was really cute! I just got nails and it's so hard to do everyday things with them. I give props to whoever has them lol! Well love you tons bye! Please Vote and Comment it means a lot 🤍🤍🤍