Friends dont look at friends that way • Pope

903 word count

Y/n P.O.V

     It was 6' o clock. The sun was perfectly shining on the marsh. I decided I was gonna tan for a bit so I layed at the front of the boat in my two piece black bikini.

John B and JJ were swimming and splashing eachother when Kiara jumped in. I smiled at them laugh and giggle.

"Hey Y/n!" I heard behind me. I look up and see Pope standing there. The sun hit him perfectly making his eyes glisten. He had just gotten out of the water and he was shirtless.

The water droplets on his abs made him look like he was covered in glitter. "Y/n stop staring" John B yelled at me and I flicked him off. I turn and see Pope blushing. I sit up and look at him. "What's up" i say as he takes a seat right next to me.

Pope and I were bestfriends just like the others but, with Pope it was different. I never found my self staring at John B or have butterfly's when I was talking to JJ.

"Uhm want a beer" he says handing me one. "Yea sure" I say smiling mumbling a quick thank you as I opened the cap and took a sip.

"You look really pretty" he stutters. "Thanks you don't look too bad yourself" I say drinking my beer trying to hide my red cheeks.

Everyone hopped back onto the boat. "Hey you never tell me I look pretty" Kiara pouts looking at Pope. "Your gorgeous Kie" I say smiling at her.

"This is why you're my favorite" she says hugging me tightly as we head back to the dock.

Kie sits next to me as Pope gets up and starts a conversation with the boys.

"So what's up with you and Pope" She whispers pointing her head towards him. "We are just friends" I say shaking my head. "Whatever friends don't look at friends that way" she says standing up to go walk towards the boys.

I take a deep breath and turn to watch the sunset slowly setting. I felt strong arms wrap around my shoulders. "The view is beautiful isn't it" I hear Pope whisper in my ear sending shivers down my spine. "It really is" I smile looking at him.

"I wasn't talking about the sunset Y/n" he says smirking. My face goes red instantly. I cover my face and he takes my hands off. "Stop it's cute when you blush" he giggles. "Shut up" I say pushing him.

He laughs and John B comes over. "Hey love birds wanna head to the beach?" "sure" i shrug.

We park the boat at the dock and walk to the beach. Everyone grabbed their boards off the van since some waves were rolling in. I sat on the sand with my eyes closed leaning back. I felt my self being picked up and throw over someone's shoulders. By the way they were laughing I knew it was Pope.

Once we got waist deep he threw me in. I felt the salt water engulf me. I got back up and gasped hitting his chest laughing. "I'm gonna get you back" I laugh. "Sure whatever" he responds holding my hands to stop me from hitting him.

He lays his hands on my waist and picks me up over the water. I giggle at his gesture.

He lowers me down slowly and I feel my feet touch the sand at the bottom of the water. (They are still in the waist deep end just saying lol)

We lock eyes for what feels like eternity. I smile slowly and he returns it. He places a hand on my face brushing the hair out of my eyes.

"Y/n..." he says. "mhm" "you're beautiful" he whispers. I instantly blush at his comment. He takes my face into his hands.

Kiara's P.O.V

"Guys look" I whisper pointing at Pope and Y/n. We all squeal in excitement as we quietly watch them.

Y/n's P.O.V

"Can i- " he starts. "yes" i giggle. He leans in and so do I. Our lips meet and my stomach felt like it was about to explode.

We fit like puzzle pieces, I know it sounds corny but it was true. Nothing was better than that moment.

The world had seemed to shut off around us and it felt like we were the only people in the world. We both pull away in the need for air. "Maybe we should do that more often" I say smiling.

"We really should" he says pulling me back in letting his now familiar lips meet mine once again.

"Alright you guys stop face fucking" JJ yells making us both pull apart and laugh. "JJ you ruined it!" Kiara says hitting him.

We all went back to shore. Pope grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. "Took you two years to make a move" John B said chuckling.

"Whatever" Pope says rolling his eyes. "What about the rule?" Kie asks. "Out of all of us Y/n and Pope had to be the rule breakers" JJ says making us giggle.

"I'm just surprised that Y/n came out of the water fully clothed" JJ said shrugging. "JJ!" Kiara says hitting him again m. He mumbled a quick "sorry sorry"

This one was a bit shorter but overall I hope you still enjoyed love you muah xoxo❤️