t w e l v e

February 2019

Los Angeles

Home, Bedroom

The next day I woke up with my phone buzzing on my bedside table.

Rolling onto my side, I picked up my phone and saw that I was in a new group with the J's (how I like to call them).

Apparently, they have been watching the I worked (not creepy at all) and wanted me to help them with a 'case' on the company. But also said that they couldn't discuss it through text and that we had to set a date to meet so, that's what we did and decided on a couple of days from now.

Noticing that it was the time to get ready, I got up and let Faith sleep more because I know that Francis has been giving her rides so that she could sleep.

I still think that there is something going on between them and they are not telling me.

I stopped thinking and continued getting ready, not quite excited for the day but couldn't wait to have this meeting with my real boss right after the workday.

I arrive at the office at around 8 am which was pretty late for me, well.. 30 minutes late. But, weirdly, I got in earlier than Garrett. Even though I was kind of stressed about that, I moved on and got started with work.

I didn't have much to do today, all I had to do was fix some bugs, answer some calls from other departments to help them with some computer problems and that's it.

So, the day went by pretty fast but even then only when Clare warned me about the time that I notice that I stayed much longer than I intended.

I thanked her for warning me and started to put my things away do that I could meet my real boss.

I leave the office as fast as I can, get in my car and start my drive right after I text my boss that I was on my way.

Just in case somebody followed me, we agreed on meeting at a park in the city.

I got there fairly quickly which was nice; I parked right next to my boss, got out of the car and sat on top of the hood, waiting for the conversation to start.

I saw him turn on the recorder and only then I started talking; explaining everything I found, starting with a part of their signature and going on from there, ending with the supposed plan of the J's that I'm still not sure about.

That one-sided conversation took about 30 minutes to say but the real conversation only started when he turned off the recorder.

"Off the record, how is it going?"

"It's going okay.. nothing too major"

"Did you find out why he picked you?"

"Not yet, I might only find out when this is over"

Yes, I'm being vague. But that's only because I know that somebody is watching us.

No, I don't know who it is, but I will find out sooner or later.

My boss only nodded, got into his car. I waited a few minutes before I got into mine and drove off to go home.

During the drive, I kept looking to the car behind me and I was definitely getting followed.

I parked on a random stop and the car did the same thing, a few rows back.

The person was terrible at acting like spies.

Not worrying much about it, I got back on the road and went home.

When I got there, I parked, got out of the car, looked around and went straight to the car, that was parked a few cars back.

When I saw the driver (that had rosy cheeks), I smirk and asked if *they* could put their windows down so that I could roast them a bit. With hesitation, *they* did, and let me tell you, *they* were embarrassed.

"You are disgusting at following people"- I mention.

*They* roll their eyes and try to ignore me.

"Don't you know that you have to be at least 3 cars distant and maybe, one in between both cars"- I keep going. "Now, can you tell me why you were following me?"- I sober up enough to ask.

"The boss asked"- *They* said.