Chapter 10

We ran down the dark corridor, which gradually grew lighter as the torches which lined the walls lit as we whizzed past them.

"Surprised that enchantment still works," Rezrath breathed as we ran, "Migmodor set it ten thousand years ago." he chuckled breathlessly, and I could imagine the wistful look in his eyes- when he and his brothers still cared for each other.

When we reached the end of the seemingly never ending corridor , Rezrath put his finger up to his mouth in a silencing gesture and quietly scooped me up, flying silently up to a hatch in the ceiling, which he gently opened. He flew up, and softly placed me on the ground.  I looked around the room- there was a bed, five book shelves filled to the brim with books, a window seat, and a fireplace. It looked so cozy and inviting, and I almost went to sit down when Rezrath tapped my armored shoulder quietly,

"Do you think, uh, you could take off the armor?" he asked, whispering and blushing slightly, "I know how loud armor can get, I just don't want us to get caught."

I thought for a moment, considering removing the metal shell, but shook my head, "Human, remember? I'm not as durable to stab wounds as you are, love," I replied, smiling as I saw Rezrath's blush increase after the word of affection left my mouth.

"Damn, that's true," Rezrath glanced over at the bookshelves, and his eyes lit up, "I have an idea."

He silently moved over to one of the towering cases of wood, inspecting its shelves for a moment, before grabbing a book with a purple cover and silver binding.

"What's that?" I ask curiously, the title of the book was in the demonic language- a language that no mortal has yet been able to comprehend.  He flipped through the pages hurriedly, glancing at each page until he found the one he was looking for, and he glanced up at me- an excited grin written on his features.

"This is one of my favorite spellbooks," Rezrath replied, "though I'm not as good at magic as Migmodor, I can still pull a few tricks- including a quieting spell."

I grinned, understanding his plan, "so you're gonna muffle the sound of my armor."

Rezrath nodded, approaching me and gently touching the breastplate of my armor, the two of us blushing at the semi-intimate contact. He muttered some words in the archaic language, and my breastplate shone bright for a moment, before dimming to its usual luster again. He continued the process with the rest of my armor, and when he was finished, I walked around the room- my usually quite-noisy armor now silent.

We grinned at one another in happiness, and I quickly pecked his cheek, "Thanks, love."

He blushes heavily and quickly pulls me in for a long kiss. It's slow and loving, but I can feel the passion behind his soft lips. As I part to breathe, he gently nips my bottom lip, and I could swear I felt my lower regions pulse in response.

"Of course, darling," he responds, his red eyes shining in adoration with hints of lust, "Now let's go, we have a knight to rescue."

(Count: 540)