CHAPTER 19

MAANVI'S POV

It's been a few days since Siddharth sir has come and I feel very weird around him. As soon as I go to the office I could see that Siddharth sir has already come and all the girls were flirting with him. I don't bother and go and sit near my desk and check my laptop for any updates and arrange for today's work. I realized that it's been already 3 weeks that I joined the company and I noticed that all the girls and women wear skirts to the office and once I asked Yash cause it seems only I wear pants. he was like "it's their wish to wear whatever they want ". For a change today I wore a skirt. As soon as I'm done with arranging stuff on my laptop Siddharth sir comes and stands behind me and leans forward " Are you done arranging? we should work today together and fix a plan " I was startled on how close he was. " MAANU!" Yash shouts. It's his usual greeting so I'm not surprised at all. I look up to see he is standing in front of the desk and eying me and Siddharth. I shake my head and Siddharth sir moves back. My eyes shift to Ishaan sir who is standing in front of his office. I try to give him a small smile but he disappears into his office. I feel kinda sad. Siddharth sir leaves after that and Yash comes near " what's up with you and that sid guy ?" I shake my head " nothing is going on. he just wants to work together." He looks a bit suspicious but doesn't say anything and changes the topic " what so special today you wore a skirt ?" " nothing special I just wore it ". We go back to work after a short conversation.

Around lunch we gather together and Siddharth sir also joins us and he sits on one side of me and the other side Yash sits. As Siddharth sir was coming to the table. The girls in the table were like unbuttoning the top button of the shirt and putting lipsticks and all. I think to myself " why bother when it's going to come off anyway " I roll my eyes. I turn to Yash and speak. The whole time Siddharth tries to join the conversation but he just interrupted by one of the girls. I and Yash finish lunch early and excuse ourselves. As we reach our floor my phone rings " hello ma. how are you ?" " aab yadh Aaya kai Hamari ( now you remember us ) " mom says. " why are you telling like that ma "I question her " you didn't even tell us that you joined in a job. " mom says angrily " ma sorry sorry bolh gayi( i forgot ). sorry sorry " I whine on the phone to my mom knowing it will melt her anger. It takes about 15 mins to convince her. as soon as I cut the call Yash starts laughing " you look so cute" " STOP!" I say and go to my desk and ignore Yash when he comes and sits near me. He turns my chair and catches his ears " sorry" he puts a cute puppy dog eyes. "it's ok " I say in monotone and burst into laughter. I stop as soon as I see Ishaan sir coming out of his cabin. He looks at us laughing. he calls Yash into his cabin. I go back to work.

I go home at around 5 and I see that jaanvi is already home " that's weird " I think and open the door and go inside to see her. I go into her room and see her sitting on the bed with her suitcase packing her stuff. I get tensed " jaanu where are you going ?" I ask in a panic mood " don't worry Dhruv called in the afternoon and there is an emergency in his grandparent's house so we are going there" " are you going to the Chicago now ?" " yes I have to they asked me to come it seems." " Should I come to drop you ?" " no no Dhruv is coming" " ok " I go into the kitchen to prepare light snacks of them to eat while waiting as I know jaanu will get hungry.

It's around 10 min before Dhruv comes, Jaanvi comes out and I give her the snacks I packed and in return, she hugs me. As soon as jaanu leaves I do a bit of cleaning and sit with my dinner and read the reviews on the latest video as I couldn't read them today morning. I posted the interview with Ishaan on my youtube channel and it is trending no 1 now. " wow he is so popular " I think to myself and open the video to watch how it came. While watching the video I admire Ishaan's looks . " what are you doing anu?" I scold myself " he is your boss," my inner voice says. I ignore and after watching I clean and go to bed as today was very tiring.

*NEXT DAY *

I wake at my usual time and do my daily workout and get ready. It's around 9 I go to the office and today we have a meeting on how to go with the project. At 10 we gather around the board room to discuss the designs of the rooms and the main hall and all. Suddenly siddharat sir pulls his chair very near to me and starts saying something about the designs and I can't concentrate because his legs are almost touching mine. In the middle of the discussion, Ishaan leans down from behind " I think you need to improve on this design maanvi" I look at him and our faces are inches apart and I could see his jawline. I shake of weird thoughts from my brain " yes sir" he keeps looking me and I draw a rough design, but he was not satisfied with it. so,  he pulls a chair and sits beside me and explains to me how would he want it.

After the meeting, I go back to my desk and keep admiring the design Ishaan has drawn and I'm very drawn to the design. I make improvisation and go and knock on his door. " come in " he says. I open the door and he doesn't look up so I start speaking " sir I made a little improvisation. can you look at it and tell me if you like it?" he looks up listening to my voice and stares at me for some time in shock and then replies "I'll look into it. keep it here".

The rest of the goes by as the previous day. Like Siddharth sir trying to make a conversation and getting interrupted. And at around 4 I finish my work and Ishaan has given me a good review of my design and asked to proceed with it. I don't know but when I heard the news I felt so much happiness that it would not match this happiness if I win a world cup also.

I go home and try calling jaanvi but she doesn't lift. I stop by the nearby restaurant and take some dinner. I sit and watch some dramas to pass time and decided to sleep. at around 11 I get a message from jaanvi saying she will call me in the morning. I check Instagram for a while and then sleep.

MAANVI'S OUTFIT

Hi guys. I hope you enjoy this chapter. What are your thoughts on Siddharth? If you have any suggestions please leave it in the comments section and if you like the story don't forget to vote.
Lots of love,
Ashley ❤