43. What's Wrong?

Chapter Forty-Three

On the weekend I woke up bright and early, full of energy,  which was a change from the past couple of days.

I took a shower and put black skinny jeans and an oversized red and black pullover with a pair of black leather buckle ankle boots with an open toe.

"I'm going shopping." I told my mum grabbing an appe. "I need to buy some stuff for school,  I'll see you later." I said before leaving the house.

As I opened the car door I heard a door shut. "Goodmorning Hannah."  Instantly I spun on my heels to face the voice, and regretted it. Kyle's father was smiling straight at me with Kyle syandinf awkwardly behind him. 

"Goodmorning Mr Richards." I forced a smile.

"I can see you're in a rush, I'll leave you to it." He laughed. "Have a nice day Hannah."

"You too sir." I said quickly after which I jumped in my car and backed out of tge driveway. There was no escape.

~***~

"Fuck!" I swore as my purse slipped put of my hand, the coins rolling out one by one all over the shop floor, which surprisingly was a carpet.

"Want some help?" Someone asked from behind me.

I recognised the voice as I span around. "Joey." I smiled,  giving him a hug.

"Hey Han." He laughed. "Are you okay?" He asked kneeling down and helping me collect the money.

"Thank you." I said as he handed it to me. "Yeah I'm good."

He shook his head. "No you're not."

"Yeah I am." I insisted.

"What's wrong Hannah?" He asked, ignoring my argument.  "I can tell you're stressed."

I sighed, biting my lip nervously. "It's Kyle."

"What has he done?" Joey asked. 

I looked around. "I don't think this is a place to talk about it."

" You're right." Joey nodded. "Come on, let's pay for the stuff and then I'll take you for a coffee."

I nodded, considering I was planning to do that anyway.

"So what did he do?" Joey asked, as we sat down in couch seats in the more private corner of Starbucks.