35. This Place Is Beautiful

Chapter Thirty-Five

The next morning I woke up in an exceptionally good mood.  As I jumped out of bed, I heard a tap on my window. That could only be one person. With a subconscious grin plastered on my face, I skipped to my window and opened it.

"Good morning princess." Kyle smirked, checking out my attire, which by the way was an oversized shirt and a pair of flannel shorts.

"You know, you're gonna break my window one day if you carry on throwing rocks at it." I told him.

"They're hardly stones." He pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. "You get my point."

Kyle pouted. "But this is my romantic side coming out."

"Oh wow—"

"Speaking of, I'm taking you out in about..." Kyle pulled his sleeve up to look at his watch. "Half an hour."

My eyes widened. "Half an hour?!" I exclaimed. He nodded with a smirk before closing his window and disappearing deeper into his room.

I cursed under my breath before rushing into the bathroom. After one of the fastest showers I've ever taken, I put on a button front bralet with a bird pattern and a blue column maxi skirt.  Looking in the mirror I realised that the skirt was a tad bit too long for me so I slipped on a pair of wedge sandals with a braided tan leather strap.

After one final look I grabbed my bag and was ready to go just as the doorbell rang. As I skipped down the stairs my mum smiled at me and gave me a quick wink before I reached the door.

"Oh look! You made it!" Kyle grinned, giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"I like to surprise." I told him,  closing the door behind me.

Kyle flashed me a quick smirk before pulling me to his car. "You look beautiful by the way."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I thanked him while getting in his car. "So where are we going?"

Kyle smiled at the road in front of us as he started the engine. "Oh you'll see."

~***~

"Are we here?" I asked peering out the open car passenger window.

Kyle nodded exiting the car, and coming to open my door. I jumped out, eyes wide, trying to take the whole site infront of me in at once.

My mouth dropped open as I gasped at the image infront of me.

We were at a lake side. But it wasn't just any part. It was a patch of sand by the lake enclosed by fresh green trees and bushes, letting only a few sun rays beam through, creating a beautiful lighted area in the centre where a few logs were laying which I guessed were used as benches.