11|| Beers and Betrayals

A/N

GUYS!! I can't believe we actually reached 500 reads!!! This was a milestone I never thought this book would actually reach, but I'm so happy that you guys did that!

This book still has quite a journey ahead, but I'm thankful you stuck along this far and hope you continue along with me! Love you bubs and thank you for making me so happy!!

p.s. this chapter is quite a bit longer than the others (just for you bubs ❤)

*****

The house was pumping music through every part of the property. Even from the outside, I could hear some of the lyrics quite clearly, leading me to wonder how the police haven't come yet to bust this party from a noise complaint. People were sitting and lying around in the front yard with solo cups by their sides, either too drunk or too done with the party and escaped for a break.

As Leah and I walked up to the front door behind Gia, I could already sense a pit of dread building up inside of me. I never really enjoyed these events before because they never appealed to me much. It was just a bunch of sweaty teenagers making out and smelling like sh*t alcohol, with most of them overestimating their ability to hold their liquor, resulting in either puke or passed out bodies just being everywhere.

Those thoughts may have manifested due to my natural cynical self, but maybe with Leah beside me tonight, my opinion might just change...

We walked through the front doors and instantly, the music hit us like a wall of sound smashing into our faces. I almost wanted to cover my ears from the noise but prevented myself from doing so as I knew it just needed time to adjust. Even so, the music was so loud that I was able to feel the thump of the tempo throughout my entire body.

The party was in full swing as the house was packed full of people. I grabbed Gia's outstretched hand in front of me so as not to lose her in this crowd. I felt for Leah's hand as she stood right behind me, and came across her slender fingers that tightened around my own. As I looked back for a second, the only sight I caught was the smile on her lips as we continued to move through the house, towards God knows where Gia was leading us.

Finally arriving at an area with fewer people around, I realised it was the kitchen where we stopped. Although I was resistant to do, I reluctantly let go of Leah's warm hand, allowing my lonesome one to swing back to my side. Gia had already let go of mine and had rushed to find some drinks for us and herself.

The music was quieter in this part of the house, allowing people to converse more freely without having to yell.

I turned to Leah and saw her focus was already on me, her eyes showing content. A genuine smile grew on her lips as her beautiful hazel eyes stared into mine. "I'm glad you agreed to come with me."

I returned her smile unconsciously. "I'm really happy I did too. Parties aren't normally my thing though," I warned her, just so she knew that it wouldn't be her fault if I didn't enjoy it as much.

"Well, with me here, I'll definitely make it fun for you," she flirted smoothly, sending a smirk my way accompanied by a wink.

Resisting the blush that was trying to surface, I raised my brows in a challenging manner. "Oh really? I guess we'll just have to see then, huh?"

"You can count on it," she mumbled, and I don't know if it was just me, but it felt like the space between us had lessened in the span of this conversation.

"Ladies, here are your drinks," Gia proclaimed, appearing out of nowhere and causing me to step back from Leah as she thrust our drinks into our hands while trying to balance her own. "Leah, I got you some coke since I'm assuming you'll be driving later?"