𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 - 𝘾𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚 -

Warnings: mention of death and potential gore

— Season 2 —

The frigid air drew deep slits along my skin as I heavily dragged my right leg against the thick snow, limping. my fingers were completely numb and I could barely see five feet ahead of me.

Please just keep going, I have to find him and I have to get back to her..

Cuts and callousness ran across my skin, I could feel my left leg going numb from holding me up for so long, I slowly started to sink toward the ground.

Fuck.. please not now..

You had been pushing your body for days, refusing to eat or sleep until you found a safe place for friends, well, your family actually.

Your cheek hit the freezing ground, your skin starting to burn from the scorching snow. Gasping for air, You attempted to heave yourself back up, unfortunately failing and falling back onto the snow.

It felt like you were drowning, your ribcage was squeezing against your lungs, making raspy breaths arise from your chest in slow paces.
Your eyelids grew heavy as your eyelashes and hair rapidly accumulated more thick frost

No.. I'm not giving up..

Pushing yourself up, you dug your fingernails into the snow, dragging yourself along the ground, using your legs as stabilizers to hold your body up. You're right lay was burning and your vision was very hazy, but you we're going to give up, not after everything that's happened.
Soon enough the piercing cries of a child filled your ears

Oh god, where is he?!

Finally able to stand again, you pushed yourself up and trudged as fast you could through the snow..

~

My heart was pounding incredibly fast, to the point where I could hear it in my ears, I couldn't help but hyperventilate the freezing air around me as I was sent into a cold sweat of panic.
I could feel unreachable relief wash over me as I saw a small figure all wrapped up in a blanket crying his eyes out, in one quick movement I slipped off my jacket, leaving me in only a sweater, I could already feel my arms starting to shiver from the cold.
I wrapped my jacket around the small baby boy and held him close to my body

I could hardly feel anything below the neck at this point, my fingers were covered in frostbite and I could help but pray for a miracle..

"AJ! (Y/N)?! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

My eyes shot open, clementine?.. thank god she  found us, soon enough I felt two arms wrap around me

"On god (y/n) I'm so glad that you guys are okay" she whispered while breathing heavily.

"Clem.." I whispered, frosty tears fell out of my eyes as I looked at her. "T-take AJ and get.. out of here" I said gasping for air and I gently handed her AJ.

"What?.. come on (y/n) we have to find Kenny.." (sorry if you chose the Jane option)

I caressed AJ's cheek and gave her a weak smile, "I'm so-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before going into a coughing fit, I felt my nose slowly start to bleed as I looked back at her, tears pricking my eyes.

"(y-y/n) come on.. you're gonna be okay I promise.. we just need to get out of the cold" she whispered panicking slightly with tears slipping out of her eyes

"No clem you know I'm not going to make it" "(y/n) please! We have to find Kenny and Jane" She said putting her arm around me and attempting to hoist me up

"Clem! I'm a hazard to you and AJ and you know it!" I screamed at her, pulling up the edge of my pants to reveal the deep bloody walker bite on my leg.
We were both quiet, the sound of the wind filling our ears
"Clem.. I love you.. so much.. but please just get out of here" I said backing away from her slightly.

"I already lost Lee.. I can't lose you too" she whispered angrily

in the distance we heard yelling and walkers drawing near, Kenny and Jane must've still been fighting. "Clem if you don't get to them their going to kill each other.. just go"

She stayed still and looked back and forth between me and the snowy beyond
"GO!" I screamed, I could tell I was scaring her and before I knew it, she started to back up.
I felt it, the bone tingling chill as deadly groans and soft crunching came from behind me,
Walkers..

I looked into her eyes one last time, the same eyes that I fell in love with, the same eyes that I wouldn't get too see ever again..

Time seemed to slow down before Scorching pain surged through my body, but only for a second.

then, darkness.