Chapter Twenty Eight

Word Count: 1667

~Rosie

"Please don't hurt me."

It's the first words to come out of my mouth. I'm staring at my mate right now. That exact man who I have gotten comfortable with over these past few weeks – if time can even be counted in the same way anymore. But he's not the same man. He hasn't gone through the same experiences yet, and he's in a dark stage of his life, so he's unpredictable. Plus, he isn't the one who tried to bring us together. He doesn't even know me.

"And why would I hurt you? You're my mate," he says, titling his head to the side. My breath hitches. As serious as he is trying to force his tone, I can see the taunting look in his eyes. He doesn't care about having a mate.

"I don't know what you want. We just want to leave before the timeline gets screwed up," I tell him, exasperated. If anyone is going to understand, I would expect it to be him.

At least I hope he doesn't want to doom this world...

"See, I'm not going to just let you leave without an explanation," he tells me, clapping his hands together like this is some kind of game.

In his eyes, I see that churning curiosity, the excitement for the idea of a game. His life must be truly boring, if he is having fun playing around with something this serious. No wonder the Time I know so well was afraid of me seeing his older self. Now I sit here, unsure of what to do, knowing the power he wields in those fingertips of his, which only moments ago, were all over me.

"That will screw with everything and you know that," I hiss, hoping I can get it into his head how serious this is. My heart is sinking though, as it dawns on me how serious this is. He's not going to let me escape, and who knows where Time is.

Time leans back into the couch. "I don't really care, if I'm honest."

"What did you do with...Where is my era's version of you?" I question. If he has done something to hurt him, then there is no way I'll be getting back home. And if this Time is going to trap me here in this era, then I will quite literally tear my hair out. Not to mention, what I've witnessed so far of the immortal sitting in front of me, I don't like him, and where he is currently at in his life.

"Elsewhere. Don't worry, no one is going to interrupt us," he tells me, smiling at me lazily. This is one big joke to him.

"Please Time. I know you. I know who you will be, at least. You wouldn't want the world to be destroyed over...me," I tell him. He looks at me pointedly, like he's reading me. Suddenly I feel vulnerable, as if he is reading into the relationship Time and I have struggled to get together.

"Entertain me for a moment..." he draws off, searching my face as it will reveal more about me.

"I'm not telling you my name," I fold my arms over my chest.

"Rosie. Now-"

All of a sudden, the door to the apartment opens, and in strides in the last Immortal I ever hoped to see right now. Sinful. Both Time and I freeze, although he doesn't realise how detrimental this situation is. Especially since I've spent these last few weeks fleeing him. Now, he's standing right in front of me, staring down at me with those frightening lavender eyes.

"Finally. Took a bit longer than expected," he comments, brushing off the sleeves of his shirt as if he has just traversed through the wilderness to arrive here.

I'm absolutely mortified.

"Please don't hurt me," I say immediately, holding my hands up in defense. Sinful grins down at me, not even once looking toward Time, suggesting exactly who he is here for. The one who can't fight back. "I've done nothing wrong to you."