Hate Comments

Y/N POV

I scroll through Instagram, sitting in my living room couch, bored out of my mind as I wait for Jade to come back home from the studio. She's been working so hard lately and I hardly get to see her anymore, so recently, most of my days have been spent like today. I decided to post a picture of jade and I that Perrie took a while ago. We were backstage, and I held jade on my hips as her legs wrapped around my waist, arms around my neck. Our foreheads lean on each other, noses touching and our smiles spread to our eyes as we look at each other, completely in love. She is the person who makes me happiest in the world and it's not hard to see. I smile as I caption it, "i got the whole wide world in hands"

I post it and within seconds my photo is getting attention. I start to read through the comments, I always try to notice as many fans as possible. I like as many cute and funny comments as I can and reply to the ones that catch my eye until I start to read comments that wipe the smile off my face.

Fake news. Jerrie for days.

U really need to use jade for attention?

Honestly never saw how u two worked together.

Imagine using jade for her money and fans...

I love jade but she has bad taste in girls

What's it like being a publicity stunt? Using ur sexuality for fame isn't pretty.

I hadn't realized I'd been crying until my vision was blurry and my hands were shaking. My phone falls into my lap as I start trembling, crying more uncomfortably. I know I shouldn't let things like this get to me but it hurts when you're ashamed for loving someone, when the love you feel is so real yet people generally believe it's fake. I curl up on the couch and wipe my tears away as I drift to sleep.

***

"I'm home darling, where are you?" I hear Jade's keys on the kitchen table. I slowly lift my aching body and turn to see her walking over to me with a heavenly smile. Her face falls and she speeds up her pace, I feel her soft hands cup my face.

"Y/n, what's wrong? Have you been crying?"

My heart breaks again, as I see her face soften and her thumb caresses my cheek.

I start to cry again and I let my head fall into the crook of her neck and she's quick to walk around the couch and wrap her arms around me, using her warm hands to push my head onto her chest. I lay in between her legs, clutching her stomach as I tremble with tears. She runs her hands through my hair, and up and down my back.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Her voice breaks in concern.

Wordlessly I lift myself up and dig in the couch cushions to find my phone. I unlock it and hand it to her, laying myself back down in her stomach and trying to calm myself down. She rubs my back with one hand and scrolls through the comments with the other.

"Y/n, baby look at me" She shakes my shoulder. I lift myself up and sit on her lap, straddling her, her hands resting on my hips. She lifts an arm to brush a piece of my hair back and cup the side of my face again.

"I know what people say hurts, it hurts me too. It angers me that they hurt you. But who cares what they think, when we know what's real? You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and we can't let a couple bad comments ruin your happiness okay? Did you pay as much attention to the good ones as you did the bad ones?"

I pout, shaking my head no, looking down and playing with the elastic of her sweat pants. She lifts the phone again and opens her mouth.

"I wish I had what they had. I can't wait for the day til I find someone I can call my world"

"I'm so happy they can finally be happy together. Shout out to all the stans who shipped them before they announced they were dating"

"Get you someone who looks at you the way jade looks at y/n"

"We need more content, this is my new favorite picture of you two. Put a ring on it already"

Jade puts the phone back down, looking up at me with a smile. I'm smiling down at her now too.

"Do you feel better now, princess?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you"

"Don't thank me for loving you" She smiles and rubs her thumbs on my hip bones.

"I missed you" I looked down at the soft smile on her face.

"Oh you won't believe how much I missed you!" She puts her hand on her chest and throws her head back, being dramatic. I giggle and playfully push her shoulder making her giggle too. The sound of her laugh filling my heart and giving me butterflies.