Chapter Eight: I Am Your Godfather

"You are not coming with us, Aurora! I mean it!" Hank yells at her as she shrugs on her coat.

"I want to go. I can take notes for you."

"I have a perfect memory, Aurora," Connor says to me, though it doesn't look as if he doesn't want me to go.

"I want to go. Please, Hank?"

He sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Sumo barks from his bed, drawing the attention of Hank. "Well, I guess if Sumo says it's okay, you can come. The meeting probably won't be as exciting at yesterday, though."

Hank heads towards Kamski's house, Connor in the front, while I take the backseat.

"Kamski left CyberLife ten years ago. Why did you wanna meet him?" Connor asks Hank.

"This guy created the first android to pass the Turing test. And he's the founder of CyberLife. Anybody can tell us about deviants, it's him."

"It's really too bad that Turing was chemically castrated for being homosexual," I comment, causing both of them to turn to look at me.

"How is it that you remember strings of really random things, Rory?"

I shrug. "I dunno. I remember learning about Turing and the origin of Androids in school. The castration part really stuck out to me, as well as his suicide from that."

Hank grunts, pulling the car to a stop outside of a cabin looking house. We walk up, knocking on the door. A beautiful blonde android answers the door, smiling at us.

"Hi, uh, I'm, er, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Detroit Police Department. I'm here to see Mr. Elijah Kamski."

"Please, come in," she says, ushering our trio inside. "I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please, make yourself comfortable."

Hank and I sit in empty chairs while Connor looks around the sitting room.

"Nice girl," Hank says to Connor, who's staring intently at a picture of Kamski and a dark skinned woman.

"You're right, she's really pretty."

I shove away the feeling of what I can only name as jealousy. He's just being observant. She is beautiful.

"Nice place. Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody," Hank says, looking around at the room as Connor takes a seat next to me. "So, you're about to meet your maker, Connor. How does it feel?"

"Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21st century. It'll be interesting to meet him in person."

"Sometimes I wish I could meet my creator face to face. I'd have a couple of things I'd wanna tell him."

The female android returns then. "Elijah will see you now." She walks us in through the door into a room with a giant red pool, making the water look as if it's blood, floor to ceiling windows filling up the far wall. Two androids, the same model as the one walking us through, are talking in the water. Kamski is in the water, swimming laps.

"Mister Kamski?" Hank calls out to him.

"Just a moment, please." A moment later, he's coming out of the pool, his swimming shorts low on his hips, water glistening down his chest. How is a scientist hot? They are supposed to be geeky with glasses.

 How is a scientist hot? They are supposed to be geeky with glasses