2. Why Did I Do That?

Madison~~

He was my family.

He was my only.

My first.

My love.

My home.

...But he is no more.

The only family I have now is my mother, and Whitney being my unbiological sister and all. But my mother is my mother, she will always be extra special to me. It's just us now.

"You must be thirsty, do you want some tea sweetheart?" My mother asks walking towards the small kitchen area in her room.

  "No thanks. I'm all good." Seated on my mom's bed, I take a look around. There's a black and white portrait of Marilyn Monroe on the wall where she's laying on her side, looking fiercely down at me, which makes me wonder if I'm somewhat related to her, ha! I doubt it. We look nothing a like.
   Most of the furniture and decorations all throughout her room is purple, giving it a nice warm cozy feel. But then I saw something.

My mother's favorite flowers.

  "Who got you those?" I ask pointing at the purple tulips.

"Oh, that? Christian brought it for me." She says while pouring the boiled water in her purple cup. She really likes the color purple.

   I frown. "He came here? When? I mean, he never really came to visit you. He said something like too much old people makes him cringe or whatever."

After my mom was done making her warm drink she sits in her single armchair opposite me. "It was really kind of him to bring me my favorite flowers."

  "Why is everyone saying that he's kind?" I groan. "There's a reason why I decided to leave him."

"What's the reason?"

   There's a slight pause giving me time to think, and I simply say. "I didn't want to to be unhappy anymore." I decide to look away from my mother's brown eyes in hopes of her not seeing the tears forming in mine. "You don't know what he did to me mom."

She places her warm hand on mine. "I won't know because you don't talk to me about it. Maddie, you need to stop bottling up your emotions inside because you're going to explode." She sighs. "Listen to me my child, I'm on your side and I will always be there for you, but one day I hope you find it in your heart to forgive him for everything he has done to you."

  I felt a tear slip down my cheek. "I don't know if I ever will."

She smiles warmly. "Then maybe you should forgive yourself first, mhm? You deserve it."

Do I?

Of course I don't.

  "Soon I'll get you out of here." I try changing the conversation.

"Here? This is my home now, and I think Larry from down the hall likes me. The other day he told me about his favorite records to slow dance to. He's so sweet."

Another Man's Treasure जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें