Chapter Twenty Nine

Sky's POV:

Tiana became my main caretaker. Bringing me food and such. She also came with me wherever I went, minus the bathroom, though she didn't let me lock the door. I noticed my stomach was getting bigger a lot faster than I thought. I asked Tiana how long it would take and her reply was about 9 months. 9 months of morning sickness, weird food cravings, and worst of all bladder control. I didn't have to wear dresses anymore, instead I wore loose fitting shirts and sweatpants.

I barely saw Maya. She'd occasionally walk in the room or the living room and talk to Tiana about something, but it didn't matter to me. I was glad. I didn't want to talk to her. Tiana always told her how I was doing. Her response was always the same, "I'll tell her doctor".

Today was a relaxed type of day. It was cool in the room and Tiana was helpfully brushing my hair on the bed in front of the mirror. She had asked for one the other day and I guess Maya had it put in while I was asleep because it was there when I woke up.

"Your hair is beautiful Sky" She commented. I smiled in the mirror at her. My hair had grown longer, from about 1-2 inches down my shoulder to nearly 4-5 inches. She trimmed my hair earlier, barking at me about split ends and such.

"I like yours too" I replied. She chuckled and went back to focusing on my hair. Hers wasn't as dark of brown as mine, but hers was longer and had more volume. Hers was curly and reached to the middle of her back.

"You know. Maybe if I ask we could go walk around the boardwalk. See all the shops and maybe see a sunset, they're great on this side" She suggested. I frowned at that idea.

"You know they won't let me. You've got your Owner's pretty necklace and their trust. Maya is convinced I'll run as soon as I get out of the elevator" I snapped. Seeing Tiana flinch made me instantly feel guilty.

"I'm sorry Sky. Don't worry it'll be over before you know it. I have a couple friends who've been pregnant or are currently" She said. She reached over and put the brush down on the nightstand. "Now how about you take a bath and then we'll go to dinner, Mara said we're all eating together tonight to celebrate"

I turned around and stood up, following her to the bathroom. She crouched near the bathtub and turned the knob to begin filling it with Water.

"Celebrate what?" I asked as I stripped off my t-shirt and got into the warm water. Tiana handed me the soap and got to work washing my hair.

"That you passed the first trimester. It's been nearly 12 weeks. The risk of you having a miscarriage are slim so nothing to be worried about" She replied with a smile. I looked down at my larger than normal stomach and sighed.

It's been nearly 12 weeks? Holy shit that's about 2 months. We've been here a while

I finished up my bath and Tiana helped me dry off before giving me a new shirt and a pair of black sweatpants.

"Cmon you. Let's go eat I'm starving" She said, helping me to my feet. I felt gigantic. She wrapped a hand around my arm and helped me walk down the hallway into the kitchen. Mara and Maya were already there eating salads, while Zach was eating a hamburger. Tiana helped me sit down then went and got my plate and hers. She got salad as well and sadly enough so did I.

"Hey Sky. Tomorrow Tiana and Mara are gonna take you shopping." Maya said. I nodded, then flinched as she reached out and touched my now partly dried hair.

"It's cold outside, it's the Fall. Wear something warm but not too tight" She suggested. I nodded again. Maya rolled her eyes and slammed her fork down, making me jump.

"What the hell is your problem? I didn't hurt you that bad" She snapped. Tiana opened her mouth to say something but Mara gave her a look and she quickly closed it.