Chapter 20 - Darkness

Tristan's POV

I wiped my tears off my cheeks with my trembling hands. I felt numb. I was just staring at them, lost in my darkness, my heart empty.

Suddenly, I noticed Daniel Parker looking at me. I gritted my teeth and gave him a death glare, clenching my fist so tightly that my nails dug into my palm.

I stormed out and got in my car. I started my car and drove away.

I was leaning against the hood of my car while sipping whiskey from my bottle, staring at the clashing waves. It was dark like my soul. I didn't know how long I was staying here while drinking non-stop. I felt tipsy. I wanted to stupefy myself, but my heart was still arching.

I took a deep breath and threw my empty bottle to the ground next to other empty bottles. I walked towards the driver side barely while leaning my hand against my car for support.

I was accelerating my speed more and more while driving my car. I didn't know where I was going, but I still kept driving.

My eyelids were getting heavier. My mind was fuzzy. I rubbed my eye and forced myself to keep my eyes open.

Suddenly, I saw a truck crossing the highway. I didn't hit the brake nor decreased the speed of the car, driving at full speed. The driver honked the horn a few times.

I covered my face with my arm as my car crashed into the truck. Then everything went dark.

Mila's POV

I was in Lucas's penthouse. We were going to live here. As he promised me, he gave me a spare room.

I breathed deeply and got up as I couldn't fall asleep. I had been tossing and turning on my bed. I felt uneasy. There was some strange feeling inside me like something bad happened.

I put on my robe and approached the window. I wrapped my arms around myself as I started looking through the window.

The sun was rising, lightening the darkness of the sky.

I breathed deeply and went to my bed. I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep.

I woke up with a slight pain in my stomach. I leaned against the headboard as I placed my hand on my stomach protectively while breathing slowly.

A few seconds later, it passed. But I was still worried about my baby. I should talk to my doctor.

I pulled the cover away and got up. I yawned while walking towards the bathroom. After taking a shower, I put on a mini navy blue dress and brushed my hair. Then I went to the living room.

I smiled as I saw breakfast on the table. Lucas was really thoughtful. I saw a note on my plate. I walked towards the table and took the note.

Good morning, Mila.

I have to go to the company. There is an important meeting. I will come as soon as possible.

Lucas.

I placed the note on the table as I sat down on the chair and started having breakfast.

Suddenly, I felt nauseated. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed into the bathroom.

After vomiting, I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I still felt bad. I rested my hand on my stomach and went back.

I decided to watch TV to draw my attention to something else. I sat down on the couch and turned on the television. I changed channels, lost in my thoughts, my hand still resting on my belly. I stopped changing channels as the news caught my attention.

The heir got into an accident.

My heart tightened as I saw the news item and looked at Tristan's photo.

The eligible bachelor, Tristan Sullivan got into an accident last night. His car crashed into a truck. The famous playboy was drunk while driving.

The heir is in the hospital now. According to the information we have received, his condition is critical.

My heart tightened. I couldn't breathe properly. Tears were running down my cheeks while I was staring at the screen. Fortunately, I was sitting, otherwise, I would collapse. I was shaking like a leaf.

No! No! It can't be possible. Tristan....No, please...

I stood up barely. My legs were shaking. I leaned my hand on the backrest of the couch for support as my head spun slightly. I took my bag and left.

I parked my car in front of the hospital and got out of the car quickly. Then I rushed into the hospital. As soon as I learnt where Tristan was, I went to his room.

There was no one in front of his room. Suddenly, the door opened and a nurse walked out.

"How is Tristan?" I asked, sobbing.

"Mr. Sullivan's condition is critical for now. We are waiting for him to wake up." She informed, giving me an apologetic look.

I placed my hand against the wall as my head spun.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" She asked as she caught me by my arm. "Let's check you up." She suggested.

"No, I want to see Tristan." I refused.

"No, it is impossible. I can not let you in. I am sorry." She declared.

"Please, just a few minutes, please." I begged, crying.

"Ok, but just five minutes." She said.

"Thank you." I gave her a grateful look.

After she had helped me to get ready, I walked into his room.

"Oh my goodness!" I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand as I saw Tristan.

His body was covered with bruises and scratches. He was attached to the machines while he was laying on the bed unconscious. Seeing Tristan in this state made my heart sink.

I approached him slowly while tears were running down my cheeks. I held his hand, looking at him. I leaned over him and kissed his forehead, stroking his hair gently.

"Please, open your eyes." I mumbled, crying while holding his hands in my hands. "Even you don't want me in your life, I always want you to be happy. I can't wish you harm. Despite the fact that you shattered my heart into a billion pieces, I love you, Tristan. My love. My heart." I confessed, sobbing. "And there is someone who doesn't let me forget you." I said softly and placed his hand on my stomach. "I will always be grateful to you for your gift. Our baby." I admitted softly. "Please, open your eyes. You are so strong. And stubborn. My stubborn boyfri..." I stopped without finishing my sentence. "Please..." I added, crying.