CHAPTER 16

ADAM'S POV:

"Yeah, take that opinion and shove it up that bitch's ass."

No matter how much I tried to block those words but they still managed to run a marathon in my mind throughout the day.

Savannah wasn't mean towards anyone. Could it be that she's.. jealous? I brushed the thought off and made my way to the conference room where I had a meeting with her dad, my partner in the ongoing project.

"Mr. Romano." I acknowledged him as I entered the room.

He looked up from his phone and stood for a handshake which I returned.

"How are you, son?" he asked.

"Very well." I replied shortly. I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to me just for the sake of expanding their business.

He nodded and we started discussing about the building material and it's cost. About ninety minutes later, the meeting ended.

I stood up gathering my papers and filing them back in the manila folder before Frederick Romano spoke up.

"I know that this marriage was forced upon the both of you but I really want you to give it a chance. Give her a chance. Sh-she's special. Really, very, special. She will never complain about anything, say anything to hurt your feelings or anything at all, for that matter. Even if it.. it hurts her. Just keep her safe and happy, if you can." he spoke in a strained voice.

I frowned deeply but gave him a sharp nod.

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Romano." I shook his hand and left the room.

His voice held regret, as if he wanted to say more but held himself back. What could it possibly be? He was talking about her in a distant tone. Hadn't he talked to her ever since?

The rest of my day was spent signing documents and meeting a few clients. As soon as the clock struck five, I headed for home.

I miss my old life coming home to Amelia almost everyday but now it was Savannah, the girl who was forcefully tied down to me. To make matters worst, she was her sister.

I never was the kind of guy to do one night stands but I don't know what came over me last night and I brought that whore home.

Turning off the engine, I got out and entered the quiet house. She wasn't home yet? I climbed up the stairs and in the direction of my room but my eyes caught the slightly ajar door of the room next to mine and the temptation got the best of me.

I opened it fully and her flowery scent welcomed me in the room. My eyes caught a photo frame resting on her nightstand. I moved closer to take a better look at it.

It was a picture of Nate and Savannah clicked while he gave her a piggy back ride and they were laughing at something. She looked so carefree and content unlike her reserved and distressed behavior these days.

Her vanity had a bunch of fairy lights wrapped around the mirror with small photographs hanging on them. When did she get the time to do this all?

The pictures were of the trio and they were hilarious. I smiled at the fact that they didn't have even a single decent picture together just like me, Zach and Drew.

I was told how her favorite color was blue so I got her room painted in blue mixed with highlights of gold here and there. Not because I cared but because Zach pushed me to.

There was a huge and I mean huge collection of stuffed bears sprawled in one corner which made me chuckle. She didn't strike me as one of those 'I love teddy bears' girls.