Chapter 9~ Private tears~Updated

Mckayla

I hadn't been too fond of the time I'd spent here so far. All I was getting were secrets and Werewolves that should have been dead. I needed some type of stability if I was going to be staying here any longer.

Once Nina and I arrived at a small pond we use to swim, I faced her head on. "Did you know General was still alive?" I asked accusingly, a snarl on the edge ready to ignite if I got the answer I did not want to hear. If she held that as another secret I don't think my wolf would have let that pass.

Nina gave me a horrid look before speaking. Her baffled gaze told me she hadn't. "It was him?" She asked.

I nodded rubbing my hands through my hair. She hadn't known. How did this pack not know that bastard was still roaming around alive? Gentry...the father that once sworn to me General was dead could not get up from his grave and take responsibility for his brothers still existence.

"I am getting very tired of all the secrets."

"I swear, Mckayla. None of us knew."

The pond looked deeper than before. I was a bit surprised by that being it only got hotter over the years.

"You want to go—"

"No," I growled. I put my hands up to my waist squeezing my eyes shut. My wolf was feeling a bit frenzied. If I didn't kill or fuck someone soon, I'd lose control.

Nina's hand brushed up against the back of my shoulder and my body stiffened. Her fingers were so soft I bit at my lip trying my best not to touch her back.

"Mckayla..." She whispered to me. "We can deal with the rogues; General later. Right now," she moved around me wanting to see my face. "Right now, you need to regain back some of your control. Our--" She paused and smiled weakly. "My pack. They haven't felt this much emotion from...someone as strong as you in a very long time. Each year you were gone, weakened him."

"Your pack is not my problem."

"No. But if they get into to a frenzy and get in your way of handling the rogues, it could be." Nina eyes watched, waiting for a reaction.

"I'm fine," I scowled. I twisted away and she put both her hands over my face forcing me back to her. I let her. What was wrong with me? I was letting her get to me. Get inside my head. "Don't," I warned, shoving her hands away. I didn't need her care or comfort. Nina was always good at making me feel that way about her in the past. I think that's why it was so easy for me to finally tell her I was gay when the time came. But her comfort and support was a facade. She betrayed me the moment it really mattered.

Her look told me if I didn't want her touching me I would have stopped her long ago. With the thoughts of our past, I should have shoved her away. "I told you...I want you."

"And I told you, I can't offer you anything."

Nina shook her head. "You told me, you were no good for me." Nina sighed stepping in closer, moving one hand over the nap of my neck. "I can't lose you again." She pressed her forehead against my chin, as she snaked her other hand over the other end of my neck, digging her fingers into my hair. She pivoted her head back and gazed at me, eye level, tears swelling her eyes. Why wouldn't she leave me alone? I didn't have to make this emotional. This could just be sex; which I needed. "We can make this whatever you need it to be right now. As long as I can have you like this."

"This is just sex...nothing more," I told her straightforward on what I wanted. Her breath mixed in with mines as my breathing grew dragged. Part of me was shocked she was so willing and wanting of me. The Nina who looked petrified when I told her I was gay. I looked in her eyes and then down at her mouth. I no longer knew her. I didn't know what she dreamed about or who she loved underneath. I remembered her lips and how soft they were from our last kiss. I licked my own and my stomach turned with knots. My clit throbbed.