21. The One At A Club

❝A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out

❝A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out.❞

-Shannon I. Alder

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🗝DELILAH🗝

"Up! Up! Up!" Clive howled. I opened my eyes to see him looming on top of me, one knee on each sides of my hips and his butt pressed on abdomen. I squealed in annoyance for him to get off of me, but he refused to obey. At the dead of night, Clive called me crying about his new guy. And being the supportive friend that I was, I packed up all of my things for the weekend and headed to Waco for some unhealthy drinking and a movie marathon of our favorite Romantic Comedies. Our tradition for breakups. His breakups, to be exact, since I never had the privilege of experience a love of my own and the heart-wrenching devastation of losing it all.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked with my groggy morning voice. I quickly spotted the pillow over his head, ready to be smashed right into my face. In fear, I tried to wrestle myself out from under him once more, but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm waking you up," Clive yelped with a bounce in his shoulder and slammed the fluffy pillow against my forehead. Unsuccessfully, I tried to dodge his second hit by using my arms, but I was too slow. "Wakey, wakey."

I groaned under my arms that were folded over my face. Still covering my face, I tiled my head and lifted up my elbow so my eyes were revealed to the alarm clock between beds. "It's 8 in the morning. I want to sleep in." I yawned again.

"I know, idiot." He smacked me again with the pillow, then began to pry at my arms till they fell to my sides. "That's why I woke you up, duh." He tucked his lower lip and stared at me.

I frowned, not wanting to fall for his All American Boy act he was pulling on me. He wanted something—I could literally feel it...Except for in my legs, which were currently numb because of his weight, pressed on top of my body, and stopping the circulation of my lower half.

"What now?" I asked sharply. In the hopes that my irritated tone would get him to move. I began to tease him as if he was a child. "Are you hungry? Do you want to go out for some lunch? Maybe even play outside?"

His eyes brightened. "Even better."

"Better...as in?"

"As in clubbing," he shouted at the top of his lungs. "There's this—"

"Ugh!" I exploded. "Again with this."

"Clubbing! Clubbing! Clubbing!" he chanted.

Shifting my hips a little, I was finally able to sit up right on my elbows. "It's not even noon, who would be at a club?"

His shoulders slumped, displeased at my stupid question. "Not now, bonehead."

"Then when?"

"Later, like around 10pm, how does that sound?"