Chapter 18

Omega Pov

Cowering under him I stop squirming realizing the hopelessness of my actions. I only press my hands to his chest in a way to create a barrier between us. I find an odd sense of comfort with him no longer right against me. Instead, I feel his heartbeat just like I did that one day in the park.
The thought of such a beautiful memory brings me a slight sense of comfort. I close my eyes and remember the cool air stinging our faces and the leaves crushing under our feet as we walked in complete silence before he pressed my hand to him. It's hard to believe that such a gentle man could force himself on me.
His lips are still moving against my neck trying to find the perfect spot. He doesn't seem to notice my feelings. It's as though he has reverted to a previous version of himself. One before the rejection.
I remember that day after he dragged me through the gravel. Even unconscious and a hospital bed I seem to remember feeling sparks against the tender torn skin of my back. I think now he had begun to feel the bond. But even with the bond he's still hurt me. Maybe that's how things were meant to be. Perhaps I will always be an Omega.
"Alpha please", I beg still the pathetic being I will always be. As expected, he continues.
Growing desperate I try one more time, "stop". This time my voice comes out stronger with an odd power behind it. Authority rings from my voice. He pulls back at my word. I feel his eyes on my face. Opening my own I see a look of amazement in his expression. His eyes now back to their normal color.
"Hope you just used an alpha command", he says astonished. I realize he is right. I don't understand how this is possible. I'm too weak for something like this. I'd come over tonight to tell him that I knew I could never be his Luna because of my weakness. I just spent all my time since Dr. Azur's beating coming to terms with this. Now to gain such power is baffling.
Remembering our previous situation Alpha stands immediately.
"I'm so sorry hope", he says. He now stands as far back as the wall. Guilt masking his face. I don't know how to respond to this. Knowing he didn't mean to and he was acting only based on primal instinct doesn't fully cushion the blow of what almost happened. Betrayal sets in the pit of my stomach.
He was going to mark me without consent or possibly even worse. To do that to your mate is unheard of. Of course, everything in our relationship is. This though, was an extremely barbaric action and is only ever seen in rogue when stealing mates.
I stand from the bed and walk out the door. Heading to my house he makes no move to stop me.
The air has grown cold with the approaching winter months. Not long ago I would shiver at such temperature. Luckily, I've gained some weight in the past month or so. At least physically I'm not as weak as I used to be. I now almost resemble health. Bones don't poke out as awkwardly as they used to, and the hollows of my face have filled in more. My hunger no longer keeps me up at night. My hair doesn't fall out in clumps and my nails are losing their yellow hue.
Another good thing about my weight gain is that my strength has increased. I now reach my house within fifteen minutes. I remember not long ago it seemed to take forever.
Quickly reaching my destination I open door of my house. Walking inside I find things how I left them.
I go to my room to try to sleep for the night. Sleep has been harder these days now that he's gone. I spent the past couple weeks just staring at the ceiling in the dark. I have a feeling tonight will be no exception.
It's so hard to believe how little time has passed since his birthday. Everything around me changed so fast.
Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by a crashing sound. I jump from my spot with a start. I barely have time to even guess what's going on before my bedroom door slams open.
There in front of me, Will stands disheveled and unkempt.
"Please Hope", he says, " I can't do this again. I can't pile work around me anymore trying to have something to distract me from being without you. Please don't shut me out again. I know I'm a terrible mate and that I deserve this but, it hurts so bad. I'm going mad". His voice keeps cracking from sadness and his eyes are becoming red as tears stream down his face.
He comes towards me but, I can't help but take a few steps back. This is all just so much, and I feel so overwhelmed.
My breath starts coming in irregular pants. A tremor overtakes my body as my vision blurs.
"Hope? Please don't cry. I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone forever just please don't cry anymore", his words mean nothing, and I collapse, I'm unconscious before he catches me.

 I'll leave you alone forever just please don't cry anymore", his words mean nothing, and I collapse, I'm unconscious before he catches me