15

Alex's P.O.V

I wake up sweaty and shaking from my first nightmare in over a month.  I look over and see Harper still sleeping.  I rub my face and get up off the bed going to the bathroom.  After splashing water on my face I walk back into the bedroom.  Harper has rolled over on her side so I head downstairs.  Once there I look at the clock on the tv and see that its only 5:45.  Harper doesn't get up for school until 6:15.  I decide to go out and get her some Starbucks for breakfast. 

Once I pick up the food and make it back to the house, I walk in to see Harper on the couch with her head in her hand.  I think she is crying so I set the drinks and croissants on the table and rush over to her.

"Baby girl what's wrong why are you crying?" I ask taking her in my arms.  She grabs onto me and buries her face in the crook of my neck.

"I thought you were gone I woke up and you weren't there" she says as I feel her tears on my skin.

"I went and got you breakfast before school babe" I tell her running my hand through her hair. She looks up at me and kisses me before mumbling a I'm sorry.  She lets go and gets up to go get the food.  This girl loves food and she stays so small no matter what she eats.  We eat and she gets dressed for school.  I don't have to go back until tomorrow so I get another day to sleep. She kisses me before leaving and telling me she will see me after school.

At 7:30 she leaves and I am alone again.  I decide to call Coach and see what all I missed at practice.  I still have bruises but I don't hurt anymore.  I am used to a little pain.  Coach tells me our first game is Friday.  It's Tuesday now so I will be able to get a few days of practice in before we have to play.  Being captain of the team is a big responsibility so I decide to go to the park and shoot around a little. 

I have my earbuds in and am shooting 3 pointers when I feel a hand on my shoulder.  I spin around and see my best friend.

"Shit Lo you scarred the shit out of me"

"Sorry cap. I figured you would be here when you weren't at Harpers." She says.  I always come here to get away from home. The court is the one place where I am in control.  "Want to play a little one on one" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"Why aren't you at school?" I ask.

"Wanted to spend some time with you. With everything that has happened and you staying at Harp's house we haven't hung out much" she says picking up the basketball.

"You ready to lose" I ask with a smile.  She tells me to bring it.  We are both covered in sweat and decide to call it a day. 

We sit down and she asks me how I am.  I tell her I'm ok and we fall into a comfortable silence. It's always been easy with Lo. She doesn't force me to talk and she doesn't push me about anything. 

"Me and Harper had sex" I say breaking the silence.  She looks at me with a smirk.

"I know Chel told me. Harper told her the next day." She says nudging my shoulder. 

"I love her Lo but what happens when my dad comes back around?" I ask keeping my eyes on the ground.

"You can't go back this time Alex.  No way he almost killed you." She says shaking her head.

"I don't know what to do" I say still looking at the ground. "I can't let him come looking for me. What if he tries to use Harper to get to me?" I ask thinking about all the things he could do.

"You can't go back" she says.  Before I can reply my phone rings.

Harper: Hey baby where are you?

Me: At the park with Lo

Harper: Ok just checking. I will see you at home

Me: Ok baby girl. I will see you soon. I love you.

Harper: I love you too Lex. Bye

I put my phone away and see Lo grinning at me.  Oh no.

"HARLEX!" She yells laughing loudly. 

"You are an idiot Lo" I tell her getting up.  "I will see you at school tomorrow" I tell her. She says ok and we both leave.

When I get back to Harpers I head upstairs to grab a shower.  After I am done I walk downstairs to see Harper doing homework at the kitchen table. I walk by and kiss her on the top of her head before grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. 

"Did you have fun?" She asks still focusing on her work.

"Yeah it was nice to spend some time with Lo" I say before chugging half my water. I sit down in the chair beside her watching her chew on the tip of her pen.  She's so damn sexy doing that.  She looks over to me raising an eye brow.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like you want to pounce on me right here on the table" she says laughing.

"Maybe I do" I say shrugging.  She lets out another laugh and leans over to give me a kiss.  She pulls away and closes her book. 

"Lets watch a movie or something" she says getting up from the table.

We head into the living room starting the movie and I lay on the couch.  She lays in front of me with her back to my front.  I kiss the side of her neck and wrap my arms around her waist. 

My only thought is "I could get used to this. Being with her like this every day for the rest of my life"