2

Harper's P.O.V

I'm supposed to be gone already but Ms. Hansen wanted to discuss an idea for a new routine with me.  It's now 20 minutes after practice and I just want to get my stuff and go home and go to sleep.  Everyone seems to be gone already so I quickly make my way to the locker room to grab my bag. 

After I open the door and step inside I look up and what I see causes a gasp to leave my throat.  There is Alex with no shirt.  Any other time I would not be able to focus on anything other than her sexy back and the muscles rippling as she moves but what caught my eyes this time were the deep purple bruises all over her back and arms.  She quickly spins around so that she is facing me and I see the bruises are also all over her chest and stomach. What happened to her?

I let my eyes roam over her and when I finally reach her eyes they are wide open and she looks...scarred?

"Hey Harper" I hear her say as she quickly wraps her towel around her body

"Alex...what happened to you?"

"Oh its nothing, lost a fight" she says obviously lying.  See the thing is, Alex is sexy. She lean and muscular and naturally tan and tall, around 5' 8" to my 5' 3", with soft and wavy jet black hair and the most amazing green eyes I have ever seen in my life.  Just looking at her is enough to make my mouth dry and my heart rate take off like a rocket.  This time however, its breaking my heart to see her like that and all I can think about is who did this to her. 

I hum and say ok and move to my locker to grab my bags.  She doesn't speak again as she makes her way to the shower.  Once she is inside and I hear the water running I take out my phone and call Michelle.  Michelle is my best friend who also happens to be Lauren's girlfriend.  The same Lauren who is Alex's best friend. When she doesn't answer I leave her a message to call me asap.

A little while later I make it home still waiting for Chel to call.  After saying hey to my family and making my way to my room I flop down face first on my bed.  About 20 minutes later I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket.  Seeing Chel is calling me I quickly answer.

"Where are you? Are you with Laur?"

"Hello to you too asshole."

"Be serious Chel"

"Ok ok. I'm home and yes Laur is here."

"Come to my house NOW. Bring Laur. I need to talk to both of you."

"Are you ok?"

"Just come"

"Ok see you in 10" she says and i hang up.  I'm not sure if Laur even knows about Alex's bruises.  She had on a long sleeve shirt at practice and no one was in the locker room but the two of us.  My mind is racing with questions when my door flys open and in comes Chel and Laur.  Tears pool in my eyes the longer I think about it.

"So what's up that we needed to come now? Are you crying? What's wrong?" Chel asks starting to panic.

"Laur?"

"Yea Harp?" She asks looking at me worriedly.

"Did you know Alex is covered in bruises all over her back and chest and shoulders and stomach? Maybe her legs too but she still had on those long bball shorts when I walked in."

"Umm..."

"So you did know? What happened? Who did that to her?"

"Whoa whoa Harp calm down" she says and places her hand on my shoulder looking at me with sad eyes.

"How am I supposed to calm down my future wife is covered in bruises." I say. My eyes going wide with the confession I just made in my panic.

"So you DO like her too?" She says with a smirk plastered on her face. I look over to see Chel with the same smirk on her face.

"Umm....."

"She's like in love with you too Harpy"

"REALLY!!"

"Yeah shorty. Calm down."

"So the bruises?"

"I cant tell you its not my place. But. I can tell you its not going to be easy with her. She will try to keep you at a safe distance, just dont give up on her ok?"

I nod and for the time being let it go making a mental note to talk to her tomorrow at school. For the rest of the night we just chill and watch tv.

The next morning at school I rush in to find Alex so I can talk to her before class. When I spot her a smile spreads across my face, but what happens next makes my blood pressure rise and I feel a surge in jealousy and anger. The schools whore walked up behind Alex and put her arms around her waist. I turn away from the scene in front of me and bump into Chel.

"Where are you going in such a rush Har?" She asks with Laur right beside her.

"Umm...nowhere" I say trying to get by her. They both look behind me and see what I am trying to get away from and Laur gives me a small smile.

"Don't worry Harp she doesn't like her, but bitch doesn't get the message and won't leave her alone. Maybe you could help?"

Confused as to why she thinks I could help I ask her how. Laur proceeds to tell me I could go up and pretend to be with Alex and maybe queen hoe will leave her alone. After pondering on it for a moment I spin around and make my way to Alex. When she sees me she gives me a look. I give her a quick wink, turning my attention to the hoe.

"Um..excuse me can you stop touching my girlfriend?" I say and Alex's jaw drops causing me to smile.

"Since when are you and Alex together?" She asks eyeing me with a questioning look.

"None of your business now shoo." I say smiling to myself.

She turns to leave mumbling a whatever to herself. I turn to face Alex and her jaw is still hanging open. Leaning in close to her face I use a finger to close her mouth and whisper in her ear.

"Close your mouth cutie you will catch flies." I hear her breath catch in her throat causing me to smile. I turn quickly and make my way back over to Chel with a huge grin on my face, causing me to miss the blush that paints across Alex's cheeks.

"You little sex goddess you. You probably made little Lex hard." Lauren says before letting out a loud laugh. Blushing like crazy I roll my eyes at her. "I need to go check on my bff after that little encounter. Later Harp. See ya in class baby."

Chel and I say our goodbyes as Lauren makes her way over to Alex.