Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Original Edition - Chapter 3: FB and the Pretty Girl

LUKE

I'm nervous. Why the hell am I nervous? Well, maybe it's because Rachel's eyes are currently round like saucers as I walk towards her and her friend. Yeah, that's not helping. I haven't spoken to Rachel in years; so, I really need Justin's help here. He better not be on her shit list, and I have a bad feeling he is right now.

I clutch the back of the new girl's barstool and turn it to face me. Bright blue eyes catch mine again, and damn, this girl is even more beautiful up close. She inhales a deep breath before those bright eyes roll. She's killing me. She's still going to ignore me? I can wait all day for her to respond.

"What do you want?" she exhales with a shrug.

I'm taken back by her comment and coldness in her tone. No hello? Hi? How are you? Thanks for the drink? We went straight to the point. What do I want? I want her. Give me something. I'll take what I can get.

I glance back at Rachel. "Who's your new friend, Rach?"

"Huh?" Rachel's eyebrows sink above nose, and she points to the girl beside her. "Are you joking?"

What the hell does that mean? Why would I be joking? I clearly sent the girl a drink. I got my ass up and walked all the way over here. When did it become a crime to hit on someone at a club? Clearly, Rachel—still looking confused as hell—will not be of any help either. Much like Justin, who is staring at his shoes and trying to avoid an old friend.

"No. Not joking." I turn back to the girl with the blue eyes, grinning at her. "What's your name, Pretty Girl?"

Her eyes widen. "What did you call me?"

Fuck, did I offend her? Can you not even call a girl pretty anymore? Watching her look back to Rachel and then to me, the two look equally confused before giggles start coming out of both of them. I feel as if I'm on the wrong side of a joke.

"I'm Luke." I hold out my hand to her.

She stares at it. Am I completely off my game tonight? What is happening?

"He doesn't bite unless you ask, honey," Justin teases with a smile before slapping my back. The laughter that follows doesn't surprise me. He would find this amusing.

Rachel slaps Justin's chest with the back of her hand before pointing to her friend. "Are you guys fucking kidding me right now?"

Justin's laughter halts. We share a confused side-glance. Are we missing something here? I wait for someone to explain why I would be kidding. With the four of us standing here like idiots, I decide to give up on Rachel and Justin's help with this.

"So, about that name." My glance returns to the girl.

Her infectious laugh returns. Her head shakes no. It's the Hamptons. I'll get her name later. Not much happens here without everyone knowing.

"Fine." I keep my hand extended. "I don't need a name to dance with you."

She turns to Rachel, bursting with laughter. "This is actually happening. This encounter has made this entire night worth it. This is really happening, right?"

Rachel, now laughing to the point of tears, nods yes. Well, I made her night. I'm not claiming victory yet, but it's a step in the right direction. I've got her smiling and laughing.