Chapter Twenty Six: He's Even More Whipped Than a McFlurry

Thursday nights had become a regular thing between Landon, Dylan and I.

I learnt that the warehouse he brought me to was called 'Rocky's', named after the founder Rocky James, and that Landon played a song or two every Thursday for the crowd who seemed to adore him.

I never realised how many people Landon actually knew until nearly every person we'd would shake hands with him or go in for a hug.

He was practically a celebrity here.

So here we were, the three of us, watching a small band performing and drinking beer.

The best part is I don't even like beer! Name a bigger risk taker than me.

"What are you guys doing for Christmas?" I ask out of the blue.

"Going to Landon's parents shitty Christmas Eve party full of snobs, getting drunk on the expensive alcohol they have, and sleeping through Christmas Day. The usual." Dylan replies casually.

I look between the two of them. "You're joking right?"

They both just shake their heads at me. "But it's Christmas! You can't just not celebrate it!"

"It's tradition, Gem. Plus Christmas sucks anyways." Landon takes another swig from his bottle of beer.

"Well you guys are gonna have a totally awesome Christmas this year at my house."

Landon raises his eyebrow. "Is your brother going to be there?"

"Well yeah-"

"Gotta pass."

"Yeah count me out too." Dylan gives me small smile whilst patting my shoulder.

"What no. I know you both hate Ryan and Ryan hates you, but just pretend that he's not there!"

Landon slumps back into his seat. "Hard to do that when your brother's like a stain you can't get out. It's always just there being a little asshole."

"But..." I sigh giving them both the puppy dog eyes I use on my Dad. "Fine whatever. Just know that I really wanted you both to be there."

"Don't fall for it, Lan." Dylan says cautiously.

I shift my gaze towards Landon, making sure the sad frown on my face deepens.

Dylan's eyes widen, and I try really hard not to laugh at his comical expressions. "I swear to god Lan, don't you even-" 

Landon shushes him and turns back to me, placing his hand over mine. "We'll be there. Just for you." I smile.

"Jesus, he's even more whipped than a McFlurry."

***

"Do it again."

"But I've done it like 6 times!" I whine.

Landon and I, had been sat in the auditorium for over 4 hours trying to perfect a piece of music I had written.

"So what? Do it again."

"It sounds good though."

"Good? Good!" He throws his hands up into the air. "You can't just be good. People who are 'good' are forgotten. Do you want to be forgotten or remembered?"