Chapter Two: Chicken Nuggets

I was so engrossed in my phone, trying to beat my high score in jelly jump, that I didn't even realise that I'd reached my locker. Just one more jump you gotta do jelly! One mor-

The jelly wasn't the only thing that fell as I suddenly collided into something hard. I hardly had any time to process it and by the time I did, my phone had already fallen to the ground. I look up into the skeptical grey eyes of an insanely attractive guy.

His dark brown hair was slightly messy, as if he had been running his hands through it. He was definitely a good few inches taller than me too.

I blink rapidlysnapping out of my thoughts, and open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it

"Are you blind? Watch where the fuck you're going!" he growls and pushes past me.

Now I wasn't the type of girl to pick fights with random guys, but someone needed to put this guy in his place. 

"Who do you think you're talking to asshole?"

He turns around. "What did you just call me?"

I cross my arms and stare right into his eyes, challenging him. "I called you an asshole. Want me to spell it out for you? A S S H-"

Henarrows his eyes. "You're one annoying girl, aren't you?"

"And you're one giant dick, aren't you? I retort.

He smirks. "Thanks for the compliment Gem. Would you like to see it?"

"As if, I don't want to see anything to do with you." 

Well, that's a lie because he's easily one of the most attractive males I've seen. He's no Dylan O'Brien but still very attractive. Let's just keep that a secret for now.

"I'd love to stay and chat but quite frankly I have better things to do."

I scoff whilst watching him walk away. "Well so do I!"

Gigi appears beside me with Ryan and Carter. "Talking to yourself again Dee?"

"Something like that..." I snap myself out of my thoughts. "Come on let's go to class before we get detention for being late on the first day." 

Carter pats my shoulders. "Lead the way princess!"

I elbow him hard in the stomach. "What did I say about calling me princess?"

________________________________________________________

"Is Mason seriously skipping the first day? I can't believe that idiot." Gigi says as we both sit at our table in the cafeteria.

Mason was the last member of our group and was loved by everybody. It might be the fact that he's insanely athletic or that his perfectly gelled brown hair makes him look like Prince Charming. He was easily the sweetest boy you'd ever meet. 

"I texted him before. He said he'd be here soon." Ryan says whilst taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Make that now." I look up to see Mason stealing a french-fry out of my plate.

I slap his hand. "Where've you been? Why are you back? And get your own food."

He frowns at me putting his hand over his heart. "Firstly, I had stuff to do. Secondly, ouch. Thirdly, I like eating your food, cupcake."

Mason's called me cupcake for as long as I can remember. It started when Ryan and Mason became friends in second grade. Ryan invited him over to our house and Mason, being the annoying 7 year old he was, stole MY cupcake which I was eating at the time. So I did what every girl would do when you steal her food, I went all WWE on him and body slammed him to the ground.