Chapter 5

Conflicting emotions weaved through Constantin. He knew deep inside that he didn't deserve Natalya. She was an amazing woman who had a vast amount of skills and knowledge. In just a week in a half, he have come to realize she was competent as an Alpha. She knew how to paint and build. She spoke different languages and although she might say that reading makes her fall asleep faster she was always learning.

How did someone like him get bonded to someone as amazing as her?

Moon Goddess must be playing a joke on him.

But if it was a joke...he didn't care.

He knew deep inside him, hidden away in a large part of his heart an emotion that almost seemed to make him selfish. He was grateful that she was his.

Looking down at her he couldn't be any surer of the words he had just spoken. She was his.

The way her once soft violet eyes flashing with a stubbornness that has his heart tripping over his feet; he was sure that this woman will be the only one who will have him do anything she beckons. His eyes skimmed over her small dainty nose down to her ample cherry lips.

Those lips that kept him awake every night since coming here.

Sinful and teasing.

He swallowed the desire to kiss them. He wanted to go slow. Constantin wasn't sure where their feelings lie.

Change subject, before you go crazy and do something stupid. He argued with his sanity.

I like to build too. He signed.

She blinked in confusion and he silently cursed his awkwardness. He didn't know what to say. She was his mate. He should be smooth not an awkward idiot.

Then she broke into a smile and that smiled met her eyes before her body shook and she started laughing. It was dazzling to hear her sound of laughter. She looked at him and her eyes crinkled on the side as she pushed him off from her.

"Constantin." She whispered through her fits of laughter. She crawled on her hands and feet towards him. He felt a little cornered. How quickly the tables had turned. It was only minutes ago he had her underneath him.

He backed up until his back met a tree. She moved to straddle his hip boldly. He dug his fingers into the dirt to stop from grabbing onto her and ravishing her right then right there. Placing both hands on his shoulders she bent down to his eye level.

"I didn't mean to laugh but that was much unexpected. Either way though, I am glad you told me something about yourself. Tell me more; I want to get to know you, Constantin." She encouraged, her eyes held a hope that Constantin couldn't deny.

My mother loved to make candles when I was little. My father will get paranoid because he will go onto the training fields smelling like all kinds of flowers. One day though, he told me when we were alone that what my mother does is what he calls home. The scent of candles was what brought him home every day. He knew where she was. The candle smell became a part of his life. The smell of it gave him a sense of comfort. Constantin opened up finally. His fingers finally retracted from digging into the ground. He slowly moved so that she was nestled between his legs and the curve her back molded with his front.

"Candle making? That's amazing. I would love to meet them someday." She said and Constantin immediately stiffened. She turned to look at him the second she noticed how stiff he was.

They aren't alive any longer. He replied.

Sadness appeared in the glints of her eyes and she moved to cup his cheek. "I'm sorry I didn't realize."