Chapter 17

We had been driving for awhile now and I checked the time on the dash. 12:02 blinked back at me.

"Are we almost there yet?" Mason groaned and rested his head on my shoulder. "You know you're a great pillow, just like when we were kids." He poked my cheek and I giggled a little.

I looked up and caught Logan's eyes in the mirror. "What are we doing next? We're slowly starting to loose them."

I glanced around at everyone else in the car.

Charlotte was staring out the window, and three years of being her best friend has shown me what she looks like when she's tired. Her head rests on her chin and when she blinks her eyes go slow. Like now.

Jake was already passed out next to me, and thank God he wasn't resting his head on me. I don't think I could've delt with him and Mason both weighing down on me.

Mason was snuggling into me and I could feel his breath deepening.

"Number 14." Logan's side of his mouth tipped up into a smirk.

"What!?" I yelled causing Mason to jump up. "No one here can street race. I thought that was a joke."

"Calm down Princess." His grin held every ounce of arrogance in the world, but it looked good on him.

Mason grumbled even though he was half asleep, "Hey. Only I call her Princess."

"Not anymore." I rolled my eyes at the two boys behavior, but ignored it otherwise.

"So how are we planning on doing that? This Jeep isn't really street racing material. Well, at least not here it's not." Mason leaned his head back on me and I tried to keep my volume down so he could sleep.

"You've just got to trust me Princess." My heart fluttered when he said Princess again.

I looked out the window, letting my mind wander over todays events.

Mason and Logan found out about my brother, my dad made an attempt on my life, and now this.

So much happened today that it seemed like school this morning was a week ago.

"What're you thinking about?" Logan's voice startled me, causing me to jump a little, but Mason remained sleeping.

"Nothing." I tipped my head back against the head rest and sighed.

Logan cut the radio, "Come on Day. You can't lie to me. What's going on in that head of yours?"

"Today's been a rough day, that's all." I closed my eyes and imagined I was reaching out to grab the back of sleep so I could make it mine.

"Yeah you've had a rough day. Why don't you sleep? We still have almost a hour until we get to the place we're going." I cracked open an eye to look at him.

"Are you sure you don't mind me sleeping? I can stay up if you want." He smiled in the rear view mirror at me.

"Of course I don't mind you sleeping." I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep thinking about how Logan's hair gave the sky right now a run for it's money.

~~~~~

Logan pulled to a stop and parked the car, unintentional waking me up.

Silently he got out of the car and closed the door.

I raised my head off of Mason and watched as he walked over to another car parked a few yards in front of us.