Chapter 23

A/N: This is quite a short chapter, I’m so sorry >_< But it’s an important one. *hugs* Cheers! This chapter is for Cheeky_Leen-san! ^0^ Thank you so much for your support—actually I’ll never be able to thank you enough.

.

Chapter 23: Dreams, Doubts, and Acceptance.

Chip’s POV

The bed was unusually warm. And awkwardly unbalanced—as if it was tilted to one side.

I shifted slightly, tugging at the thin sheets. Only to register a slight resistance in the pull. I whined, frustrated, and opened my eyes irritably.

Okay.

I’m dreaming.

The sight of a very appealing figure snuggled up on the same pillow as me instantly told my birdbrain that there was no way I was in reality.

Groaning, I shifted again and closed my eyes in the process.

Dreams don’t come true.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I think I fell asleep again because before I knew it, there was an ear-splitting blast like a cannon.

Startled, I jumped in my sleep, sitting bolt upright.

“W-What’s going—? X-Xander??”

Wait. I can’t possibly be dreaming again. 

In the same spot as before (in my dreams) was the exact same appealing figure—shirtless, sensual hair, strong breathing.

“I should be asking you, young man,” the silhouette of a lady crossing her arms stood in the doorway.

My pupils adjusted to the dim light, but I already knew who it was.

Coco’s stern voice gripped my throat, silencing any word that came close to it.

I felt a fine gust of cold wind and trembled slightly, pulling the covers closer to my chest—and realizing that I wasn’t dressed at all.

My cheeks warmed a whole lot and I darted under the covers, causing the person beside me to stir.

“Mm…Angel…?” An arm snaked around my waist, its weight pushed against my stomach as if to pull me back into bed with him.

My face flushed with an intense heat and I quickly looked behind to see whether Coco had heard the embarrassing nickname.

Angel? She mouthed in a bewildered expression.

Okay. She definitely heard it.

Coco gave me a glare, as if saying: You better give me a good explanation later young man, and left the room, closing the door gently.

Uh oh…

“Who was that?” Xander’s voice was husky from sleep, and he still hadn’t opened his eyes.

“U-Um…it was Coco…” I replied sheepishly.

Xander opened an eye. “Coco? Hmm…It’s gotta be her someday,” He shifted in bed (it creaked under his weight), and snuck a hand behind my neck.

In a small motion, Xander gently brought my head down onto the pillow next to him. “Let’s sleep more.”

“B-But it’s already time for breakfast—“