Fourteen

Left with no other option Freya decided to play her favourite childhood game of sit, wait and pray that someone will eventually notice that the right elevator was not working and is stuck between the thirty-first and thirtieth floor of Heyes enterprises.

Freya was a prodigy when it came to this game having played it numerous times in her childhood at multiple supermarkets and malls when her parents had accidentally left without her.

The motions came naturally even as she aged and had more pains. Bending down Freya positioned herself in a crosslegged seating position like primary students.

Comfortable Freya consumed more of her muffin and sipped a few more mouthfuls of richly brewed coffee.

Producing a phone from her purse Freya mindlessly pressed her thumb on the home button and unlocked the previously darkened screen.

Scrolling through her app Freya accidentally pressed on Blind as the frequent talks with Oscar had implicated this movement to her muscle memory.

Too late to click out Freya allowed the home screen of the app to finish loading, done with the red hoop of death she lightly tapped her inbox seeing as there was a red notifying ball in the corner which meant she had a text.

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

Having an important meeting tonight before our date.

Sorry if I am late in advance.

Also, please keep your murderess side at bay when we meet.

I have an annoying brother to feed and clothe.

***

Well, more than a text.

Amused by his excuse for being late Freya decided she should do the same for him as it seemed they were both going to be late on this special night.

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

The Murderess will be away this evening.

***

Freya was about to type and in her place will be the one and only Freya but then she remembered that was not her real name. At least to Oscar, it wasn't.

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

In her place will be the one and only Penny Rae-Ficky who may or may not be late.

I'll certainly be expecting her.

Wish me luck, my meeting's about to start.

***

Her eyes were not lying, Oscar was indeed texting her right now just shortly after she sent him her first text.

Freya was too overjoyed to do much other than stare at her phone.