Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty- Nine

Bryce P.O.V

I was not able to scream for long because I was tackled unexpectedly by the culprit. My body crashed into the cold hardwood floor of Caine's room.

I landed on my arm at an unusual angle and a loud pain filled cry escaped my lips. Their body slammed on top of mine with so much force that I groaned out in agony. My arm was throbbing and I wanted nothing more than to escape.

Who was this person? How did they get in Caine's house?Are they robbers or thieves? Why did they wait until Caine was not here to show up? Are they going to kill me?

I had so many questions but no one to answer them for me. I was terrified because I did not know who I was up against or if I'd make it out alive. The last thing I wanted was to have my life taken away from me.

The masked man had gripped my shoulder in his beefy hands and slammed my back onto the hardwood floor. I grimaced in pain just as his mask came into my view.

I was not able to see it when I was in the bathroom because he was positioned in the shadows.

His mask was very...eerie and quite frankly scary as hell.

The mask was completely white and there was a large bolded X on the area where the eyes were supposed to be. Under the eyes was bright red tears that ran down the mask.

To top it off there was a messily scribbled on mouth that stretched from one end of the mask to the other, accompanied by sharp black teeth which was drawn in the mouth.

He hovered over me, his hand gripped both my wrists to keep me restrained. I tried to ignore the burning pain in my upper arm.

I slowly brought my wide terrified eyes up to him. He tilted his head to the side and I swallowed hard as I forced myself to remain calm.

"What do you want?" I asked shakily as a lump formed in my throat. My heart thumped violently in my chest..that's all I could hear in my ears.

"I want to get his attention. I'm pretty sure you'll do the trick. You're the best we're gonna get," He told me simply, his voice was so deep and husky.

It sent shivers all through my body, and not in a good way. He sounded firm and vicious like he was intent on completing his mission even if that meant he had to get his hands messy.

That's not good for me because I'm going to end up hurt or killed.

I've had enough of this chit chat already. I had to get a weapon or get myself away from him. It's obvious he's not going to keep carrying on a conversation with me.

I quickly brought my legs up and shoved my knees in his back with as much force as I could muster. I repeatedly hit him with my knees over and over. If I could injury him.. I'd be victorious and safe.

He groaned loudly in pain and jerked away from me, "You fucking bitch!"

He leaned his arm in front of me to prop himself up and used his other hand to backhand me. Hard.

His knuckles smashed against my cheekbone with so much force I winced in pain.

The coppery taste of blood filled my mouth, my eyes watered from the impact. Shit that really hurt.

All I wanted to do was cry like a big baby but I had no time to waste right now. I'll save that for later.

I leaned forward and latched my mouth onto his arm. I sunk my teeth deep into his arm. My mouth was immediately filled with his blood and it took everything in me to hold my bile. I was trying to chew on his arm until I had his flesh in my mouth. He's gonna pay for that slap. Luckily, the pain in my mouth is very faint so it didn't hurt when I bit his arm.