Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Was I always such an evil person? No I wasn't there was a time where I actually had a heart. I hated to even think of those times because I'm disgusted with it. I was so...vulnerable. I hated it even though I was just a mere child. When you don't care about anyone, but yourself you'll never get hurt. No one will have any power over you. I'm very strategic in how I conduct myself, I refuse to ever be weak again. It may seem cold and harsh, but I'm benefitting from it. And I would never want to be anything other than myself.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I think her name Nikki or Naomi called my name from the queen sized bed, she was laying down on. "Caine?"

"Yeah?" I responded as I pulled on my boxers, then bent down looking for the rest of my clothes, so I can be on my way. Currently, I'm at some girl's house, I met her in at the club last night. I need someone sexy to get my mind off Bryce. Honestly, I don't know what she's been doing to me lately. I'm eager to do anything to her. Whether it's to hurt her or to feel up on her.

Every time I remember how soft her body felt under my fingertips, how good she smelt... It makes want to just fuck her. Hard. I wanted to taint her innocent body and show her pleasure she's never felt before.

However, I know that's not apart of program right now. I'm focused on punishing her slowly. Step by step. Yesterday, after I had her against the wall. I abruptly got up and left. Thankfully, this brunette did her job, and now I'm ready to go.

"Don't you want to stay another night? We could go out to-"

"Nah, I wanted to fuck and now I'm out," I interrupted her bluntly as I put my sneakers on. Grabbing my iPhone from the bed. I gave her a nod and was out the door before she could open up her mouth again in the way I didn't enjoy. I pocketed my phone and whistled as I made my way down to my car, I was trying to figure out exactly where it was.

My whistling came to a halt as I noticed a white piece of paper in my front window. I picked it up and looked around suspiciously, with the job I had you'll always have enemies putting bounty on your head. I opened up the letter and the more I read it, the angrier I got.

I ripped the paper and photo into shreds, I wanted something more to put bullets into someone's chest. I was going to find out just exactly who wrote that fucking note and sent that picture. I was fuming by the time I had made it back to the warehouse. I can't believe someone would actually threaten me like that. Do they not know I am? I'll kill them and their entire family in the most gruesome way possible. They'll wish they never tried me in no shape or form.

Going to my office, I went to the files I had under my desk. Whenever I would hurt or kill someone, I knew automatically their friends or family would try to plot my death or hurt me (if they figured out my identity) so I made sure to get all the information I could on them. Even the ones they didn't know it was me that did something to them. I still kept files on them just in case. If I'm going to do a dangerous job, I had to do it with caution. I slowly read each and every enemy I made and the information I had on them. I couldn't exactly pinpoint who it could be. The person couldn't be some average citizen, to get ahold of such valuable information and to take that picture. They had to be more important..

I ran a hand through my black hair, as I leaned back in my chair frustated. I couldn't figure out this puzzle, I need to before it gets out of hand. I get up from my seat, and head towards the door. I need some coffee to clear my mind. I need to chill and be rational about this. If I handle this crazy, I'll be dead or in prison.

I strolled into the kitchen and picked up a medium foam cup. Walking over to the coffee maker, I heard someone come into kitchen. Turning around I'm surprised to see Bryce. How did she get out my room? Who let her out? She stopped in her tracks as I narrowed my eyes at her.

"How did you get out?" I demanded as I stalked over to her and gripped her arm. She winced. "Some maid who was cleaning your room when I woke up. I was hungry." She shrugged carelessly.

My scowl deepened. "When I find out who that was..I'm going fucking be-"

"Let go of my arm! You're cutting off my blood circulation," She interrupted as she tried to claw my hand from around her upper arm. I gave her an icy glare. "Bryce I would suggest you shut up right now. I'm on the verge on killing something at the moment." I spat through gritted teeth. I tightened my grip and watched in satisfaction how her face scrunched up in pain.

"Now come on, I'm taking you back to the room," I snapped as I tugged her along with me. Once we was at my room, I shoved her inside. She fell into a heap on the floor, glaring at me her face contorted in agony. She slowly wobbled on her feet and groaned. "Can you be a little bit more easier on me? My body aches and I'm hungry.."

I rolled my eyes and stomped over to the mini fidge behind my dresser. I use the key I had underneath it to unlocked the fidge after that I stood up. "There you can eat something in here, don't you dare leave this room ever again. Understood?" I expressed with a hard edge in my voice.

She nodded as she made her way around me to the fridge. But I stopped her, grabbing her chin roughly I repeated. "Understood?"

She swallowed hard. "Understood." She glanced down, her blonde hair shielding her face from me.

"Good girl. I'll be back for you," I gave her a dark smile and headed back to my office.