No Control

Now, one of the best things about where I live is that there is a Starbucks within walking distance of my house. so, of course I went in there with a book and intention to read it. Honestly I don't even remember the last time I actually sat down to juts read. Starbucks was just one of those places to me where I could just sit down and get a book done with in like two and a half hours. It was nice to just relax with a book about witches and a  nice cold Frappuccino with no thought of Ryan trying to redeem himself.

"Funny, I didn't peg you for a reader." When I looked up at the owner of the husky voice I did not expect to be met with the forest green eyes I was actually ashamed to say I missed seeing this past week. "Funny, I didn't peg you for a Starbucks guy Clarke." His deep chuckle made butterflies appear inside my stomach. I hated how he did that to me! Like seriously it was a pain in the ass. It's not like Clarke even bothered to ask if the chair across from me was taken as he just sat down in it. Then again, he was an Alpha so he could do whatever the hell he wanted.

"I suppose you are here to convince me to give Ryan a chance."  It seemed like Ryan was desperate too. From what I could tell he wasn't close to finding his second chance. If he couldn't find one and produce an heir the Beta line in Clarke's pack would have to follow Ryan's brother. His brother was an even bigger idiot than him. "Actually no I'm not. I just find that this Starbucks has nicer barista's than the one on my territory. Seeing you here was just an added bonus." He flashed me that smile that captured my attention at the club last month.

Don't get me wrong. Besides those amazing eyes Clarke was well built. I could tell you from the way his black shirt hugged his body that his muscles were well defined, but they weren't too hard or too soft. I could tell you the same about the muscles in his legs based on how he wore his shorts. I could actually feel his eight pack that night when I was pressed so close against him. It wasn't his body that kept drawing me to him though. Every time we had interacted he made me laugh in a way no one else has.

"I want you to come out with me today." I literally almost choked on my drink. "You mean like on a date?" I did not see that coming. Here was my predicament. I should say yes because he is an Alpha and it isn't polite to say no to one. On the other hand, I didn't want it to seam like I was a mistress. People had seen me the other night with Ryan and even my Alpha came to talk with my father about what happened between Clarke, Ryan, and I. "Well, yes and no. Think of it as an outing to learn more about each other." So, how could I say no to that. "Sure, why not. What did you have in mind?" And that wicked grin he gave me let me know I was in for some fun.

I didn't really know how much fun I was in for until Clarke pulled up to one of those attraction parks. You know the ones with go carts, laser tag, mini golf, and other things. It was far enough from either territory that no one knew who we were, but yet close enough where if a problem arose in his pack he could be back to his territory in less than an hour. "So what do you want to do first? Mini golf? Laser tag? Have your ass kicked on the go cart track? The choice is yours Miss. Adams."

"I'll have you know Mr. Hunt that once upon a time, I was the go cart queen during family reunions." He laughed as we entered the building. I couldn't help but laugh as well. He just had one of those heart warming laughs you know? The kind where it's impossible not to laugh back, and not because you feel like you have to. It's that feeling where you laugh because you want to laugh. "We shall see Lilly. We shall see." So he took my hand and we went to go mini golfing. I have never been good at that so Clarke did kick my ass at mini golf.

Laser tag though was double teamed. We ended up playing against this couple who were so well synced I was more than sure they were the human equivalent of mates. Well, what humans call true love or whatever Romeo and Juliet crap they use. Now, Clarke and I were synced as well. Of course being werewolves helped a little in our victory because we could sense them and hear their movements. It was the go carts though that were the most fun.

Clarke was constantly chasing my tail or I was chasing his. Both of us just continuously lapped and passed by people. On the last lap though I passed him one final time before we had to go into the stalls. I was quite proud of myself. At first I thought he was letting me win. By a quarter way through though, when he first passed me I knew he wasn't. I can now cross beat an Alpha off of my bucket list. It kind of helps when you make your bucket list non specific. It just makes it easier to cross stuff off.

"And I bow down to you oh high Go Cart Queen." Clarke said as he made a mock bow. "Remind me not to doubt you again." I laughed just the slightest bit. "You bet your ass I will." He smiled at me as he took a hand and pushed a few lose strands of my hair behind my ear. The blood rushed to my cheeks as his fingers brushed against my skin. It was in this moment that I fought so hard to not let my heart win and just kiss him.