Twenty Four: What A Bitch

I woke up early with my dad and went out for breakfast with him. We talked about my mum for a while, then I told him Richard and I had talked and we sorted things out. Then, we spoke about Alex, which then led to me telling my dad about the conflict between Emily and Alex.

After breakfast, I walked to work with my dad, hoping to bump into Alex once we got in there. We got to the entrance of the building and I frowned as I watched a small group of people with cameras stand by the wall, talking.

It took me a long while to realise they were actually paparazzi, still waiting to get a photo of Alex.

One of them turned and looked at me, her eyes widening at me, before she held up her camera began taking pictures of me as she quickly approached me.

I guess they're now after me as well as Alex.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed, rushing into the building. My dad frowned at me and followed me inside, shutting the door on the paparazzi.

"What the hell was that about?" Dad asked angrily as he signed into work. We walked and talked as we approached the lift.

"Emily told all the paparazzi and stuff that I'm Alex's boyfriend." I replied as we entered the lift.

Dad sighed, "someone needs to talk to her about this. There must be something you can do, get the police involved?"

"No, I'm done with police, I don't want to be involved with the police anymore." I replied, before pulling my phone out and calling Alex.

"Alex, are you in your penthouse? I'm coming up now." I asked him quickly.

"Yeah I am. What's wrong, you sound pissed off?" Alex asked me in a kind tone.

"I'll explain when I get up there, I'll see you in a minute." I responded, before hanging up and putting my phone away.

The lift doors opened and my dad said goodbye and left, before the doors closed again and I made my way up to Alex's penthouse.

I stepped out of the lift and approached Alex's door, when one of the women who usually stand at the desk near Alex's door began speaking to me.

"Good morning Lukas." She smiled kindly at me as I walked through the door.

I frowned down at myself but turned around and smiled at her, "good morning."

I walked through the door to see Alex laid on the sofa on his laptop, while the TV played in the background.

He looked up from his laptop and smiled at me, before moving his legs so I could sit down. I approached the sofa and sat down, before grabbing Alex's legs and placing them on my lap.

"What's wrong with you then?" Alex asked, placing his laptop on the coffee table next to him.

"Emily," I began, causing Alex's eyes to widen, "she told the paparazzi and the reporters that I was your boyfriend and now they're taking pictures of me." I told him, a mix of sadness and anger in my expression.

"I'm dealing with enough with the interviewers asking questions about me getting stabbed, I don't need random people asking me questions about my love life while I'm trying to walk somewhere." I continued, looking at Alex with sad eyes.

Alex quickly stood up, an angry look on his face. "Stay here, I'll be back in a minute." Alex ordered, before storming out of his penthouse.

I sat on his sofa for about five minutes watching TV, wondering what he was doing. Another couple of minutes later, I heard two familiar voices outside the door, including Alex's, so I stood up from the sofa and walked around it. The door opened and in came Alex, with the spawn of Satan—I mean Emily—walking behind him. She had an angry look on her face, but Alex's was angrier. I had no idea she was here but I don't care why.