Chapter 8: (Violet's POV)

For the second time I fell asleep on the floor at the foot of my bed, waking up to see that Max had gone. The shattered glass and the traces of dry liquor were all that remained of the episode from last night.

I sat up, my eye sore and red from crying. I cleaned up the mess, scooping the glass in a cloth and dumping it, then wiping down the floor.

The house was quiet, no noise of glass. I walked around the house, checking everywhere. Still no sign of Max.

The stillness was a little too strange for me, but I liked it. I liked the fact that I had time to myself.

All my frustration and anger had burst out of me last night. I felt a huge burden lift off my shoulders. I felt more like me now.

I was over Max. Completely over him. It felt like I told him everything I wanted to say.

I ran back upstairs, trying to forget Max and his troubles and focusing on something else. I picked up the dress from my bed and placed it against my body.

I felt better now, and excited. Today was the day.  

I looked at the clock. The wedding starts at three and it was eight o’clock in the morning. I had loads of time to kill.

First thing’s first; my stomach rumbled as I cooked myself some breakfast.

I don’t know why, but being alone in this house somehow felt…good. I had time to myself to think.

When it was noon, I started getting ready.

I got ready carefully. The dress was still delicate and I didn’t want to spoil it. When it was on me, I stood in front of the mirror.

I looked, different. Older, more feminine. I felt beautiful. It hung on my body and curved off at the right sides and in the right shapes.

I felt peppy as I did my hair. Each comb was like another step to seeing Seth. The last thing to complete my outfit was Seth’s tooth. I hung it around my neck, as it dangled lightly. It reminded me of Seth and the event ahead. I could feel my excitement build.

I had trouble looking for the place, since I had no navigational skills at all. I began to panic; it was three o’clock and I still couldn’t find the damn place.  

I got there half an hour later, so by the time I had arrived, Emily had just reached the aisle.

I sat in the back row, as Sam and Emily said their vows. I felt better now that I actually got to see them.  

Sam was a very broad, mature person. He had wisdom and experience written in his eyes. Emily however, looked beautiful in her white gown.

Her scars were barely visible in the glittery light. They were long healed, though still visible if looked at closely.

The whole place was decked out in white. Sam and Emily stood beneath a white archway of flowers. Ribbons and streamers hung everywhere on the walls.

My eyes lingered around the room, looking for a familiar person, though I could only decipher them by the back of their heads.

I stretched high to peer over the towering heads. My eyes rested on a familiar little dark haired girl. Her hair was short and flicked out at the right angles. Alice.

As if by sense, she turned her head around and flashed me a smile. Her eyes were bright and happy. I smiled back.

The person beside her turned their head around to see what the distraction was. I took in the features of the person.

Brunette hair, deep golden eyes. She was a very pretty girl, or vampire I should say. I could tell that this was Bella. She whispered something to Alice, and Alice nodded in response. Then a small smile touched at the end of her lips.