CHAPTER XIV: Cara

I stood alone upon the platform in vain
The Puerto Ricans, they were playing the salsa in the rain

I think I'm falling in love with Sam, I thought to myself. My eyes were fixated at her as she swayed with the song the band was performing. The lights from the stage shone her face. Her gorgeous happy face. Her eyes were closed while her mouth was mouthing the lyrics.

New York had lied to me
I needed the truth
Oh I need somebody, I needed someone I can trust

Sam was literally losing herself to the song. And it was an amazing sight. She's really something. She's really special. And I think I'm falling in love.

The Lumineers was the opening act for Rihanna's concert. And Sam was ecstatic after she found out. She said that she has always been a big fan. We were in the front row with Taylor and Kendall and some of Rihanna's close friends. The crowd was so loud, I could barely even hear Sam's voice as she sang along.

Like the Dead Sea
You told me I was like the Dead Sea
You'll never sink when you are with me
Oh Lord, like the Dead Sea

I could kiss Sam right now. It was too perfect. If there weren't thousands of people around us, I would.

Then Sam moved before me and now she's in front of me. Maybe some fans tried to get into the front row, pushing her to the right side.

But Sam didn't care as she continued singing and waving her hands in support. I leaned forward and I could literally smell the sweet scent from her hair. I closed my eyes as I breathed in a lot. God, I just missed her so much. If only I could touch her without putting any malice.

Then, as if God heard my prayers, someone pushed me from behind, making me bump into Sam's back. Sam turned her head around but she didn't stop singing. She just smiled showing her pearly white teeth then slithered her left arm around my shoulder as she gave me space beside her. My face might have went flushed if it weren't that dark in the arena. I looked at her then she turned to look back at me.

"I love this song!" Sam roared. Her eyes were gleaming with joy.

"I can tell!" I shouted back. Then Sam went back to look at the band as they began to perform an energetic song. She screamed the lyrics back. All the fans did. But I couldn't get myself to stop staring at her.

I really am in love with Sam.

After the concert, we got invited to Rihanna's beach house for the afterparty. Sam was hesitant to join us, but it was primarily because she didn't know anyone other than me, Taylor and Kendall.

The beach house was huge and there were a lot of lights hanging outside near the seashore so it was basically cool to have a very late party. It was a private area so it was also neat to be loud when most of the people in town were already getting ready for bed.

There were also a lot who got invited. We were escorted inside the house by a young man that was only wearing black leather pants. Everyone was busy dancing, drinking and chatting. I was busy staring at Sam. She had now taken off her black leather coat and was in her shirt with prints saying "Don't talk to me when I'm hungry".

Sam wasn't drinking, and I didn't know whether I liked it or not. If she was drunk, maybe we'd get to makeout soon. I shook myself from the thought. I just missed her. I stared at her lips as they touched the mouth of the glass of water she was drinking.

"Do you always do this?" Sam broke the silence.

Taylor chimed in, "You mean partying?"

Sam nodded. Taylor nodded back then added, "During weekends mostly."